Author Topic: Considering Upgrading  (Read 1123 times)

OfflineBigfoot390

Considering Upgrading
    « on: 2015-06-10 15:06:06 »
    Hello all. I have been watching the 1600 since it was introduced. Currently own a Rocket 3 Tour. Last week my wife sat on the pillion of a GTL and was very impressed.
    It looks like I may have to trade now. The sacrifices one makes to keep a happy wife...
    Are there any improvements announced for the 2016 year that would make me wait 6 more months?

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Considering Upgrading
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-06-10 17:52:18 »
      Not that I know of but why wait 6 months and miss all that fun for so long  ;)
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineHanskloss69

• Home is where the heart is !
        Re: Considering Upgrading
        « Reply #2 on: 2015-06-18 18:14:05 »
        I rode a Suzuki Boulevard M109R for few years, but after checking BMW: RT and K16 and than Honda GW. I fell in love with K16. I had an option between Beemer and Honda and I  choose K16GTL, used from 2012 with 5400 miles. Love it, love it, love it! No regrets- I do have some hick-ups with battery but - boy o boy, it is a fun to dig in and know your bike better!? It is, in my opinion! Over 7K right now and big trip coming up in two weeks! Can't wait...What you are waiting for?

PS
        Push button start, a difference between my year model and the 2015- not worth of waiting. 

My few...

Cheers!   
        Hans

anything