Author Topic: Navigator 5 -> Garmin?  (Read 1985 times)

OfflineSurfMan

Navigator 5 -> Garmin?
    « on: 2015-07-03 10:40:33 »
    I have the BMW Navigator 5, and I want to use it in my car. I can't find the suctioncup mount + charger on the Garmin website (https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod118565.html). The accessories list for the Nav5 is nearly empty. Does anyone know where to got it?

Cheers!

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: Navigator 5 -> Garmin?
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-07-03 15:02:27 »
      Any BMW dealer.  The whole lot which includes the power cable that has a speaker in it costs about £80.00
      « Last Edit: 2015-07-03 20:47:53 by RTman10 »

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-03 20:50:53 »
          Simako webshop. 95 euro.
          https://simako-bdm-webshop.nl/accessoires/autosteun-bmw-navigator-v-en-iv.html
          Thats the one but it docent show the power cable.  Cant read Dutch but it must be included.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
            « Reply #4 on: 2015-07-03 21:23:30 »
            Sorry for the Dutch link, but Surfman is also from The Netherlands so I thought he would prefer a Dutch link.
            This one does comes with the power cable even though it's not in the picture. That's one of the things mentioned under 'Details'.
            I know Dutch is a tough language for most people. In fact I've heard it being referred to as 'not a language but a throat disease'  ;D . (It was a Cockney who said that)
            Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineSurfMan

« Reply #5 on: 2015-07-04 08:54:30 »
              Thanks for the information guys. I never knew the Nav5 could be fitted on the mount of a Nav4. I have that one in a box somewhere so I guess I will need to dig it up. Funny how you linked to the webshop of my dealer, Frank. I didn't think of that :)

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #6 on: 2015-07-04 17:22:18 »
                Not sure but the Nav IV has a speakers in it and the V hasn't.  You might not have a speaker on the IV bracket like the V one has, if you see what I mean.. 

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                  « Reply #7 on: 2015-07-04 18:36:10 »
                  According to the Dutch text under 'Details' there is a speaker in the holder/bracket.

OfflineRTman10

« Reply #8 on: 2015-07-04 18:54:47 »
                    According to the Dutch text under 'Details' there is a speaker in the holder/bracket.
                    But is that for the Nav V one. I would not expect the one for the IV to have one as it has its own speaker.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                      « Reply #9 on: 2015-07-04 19:09:15 »
                      I haven't seen it my self. I'm just stating what it says on the website. 

OfflineSurfMan

« Reply #10 on: 2015-07-05 19:22:24 »
                        True, the Nav4 has its own speaker, the Nav5 doesn't . So I will go for a new car mount for the Nav5.