Author Topic: Rear Indicator  (Read 993 times)

Offlineandytheestateagent

Rear Indicator
    « on: 2015-07-13 21:46:51 »
    The rear right turn indicator light LED's have all stopped lighting up. I noticed it because of the warning sign on the instrument panel. The indicator doesn't work when indicating a right turn or when using the hazard lights. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've checked for loose connections under the seat and taken the entire rear light unit off.  My fear is I might need an entire new rear light unit? 

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: Rear Indicator
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-07-14 09:29:38 »
      I think your fears are correct.  The parts list just show a complete rear light cluster.  Suggest to visit your dealer and try the "LED s are supposed to least a lifetime" line. 

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2015-07-14 10:59:01 »
        There are several leds in the rear indicator lights, aren't there? It would a real coincidence if they all stopped working at the same time.
        I suspect a loose or broken wire. The bike's computer sends small electric signals through several circuits to check if they still work. If a circuit is broken it shows a fault on the dash.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlineblkfalc4

« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-14 13:14:28 »
          Do the fronts work as they suppose to?

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
            « Reply #4 on: 2015-07-14 14:07:12 »
            There are several leds in the rear indicator lights, aren't there? It would a real coincidence if they all stopped working at the same time.
            I suspect a loose or broken wire. The bike's computer sends small electric signals through several circuits to check if they still work. If a circuit is broken it shows a fault on the dash.
            Problem is the unit is sealed with no way in except to destroy it.

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #5 on: 2015-07-15 00:19:36 »
              I found that the LED lights are all "polarity" sensitive.  is it possible you plugs in the connector backwards?  I would not hurt anything except the light will not work.  One can even measure voltage but still no LED lights on if the +/- is backwards

anything