Author Topic: GS-911 Tips  (Read 1722 times)

Offlinee7navy1999

GS-911 Tips
    « on: 2015-07-15 00:16:36 »
    How about we start a GS-911 Wifi Tips and Help section here?  I just got mine in the mail.  It was a piece of cake to hookup with my laptop but getting the smartphone connection was a little tricky.  There are a few Youtube videos on the GS-911 but most everything is way out of date and nearly zero in the new Red Wifi version.  I just barely began to use it and will report my progress on this string.  Anyone that has any tips for fine tuning adjustment you are welcome to post here.  I do see that the turn signal timer "time-to off" can be adjusted.  My BMW dealer lied to me and said it could not be adjusted!  Right now the turn signal stays on for nearly 50 yards after a turn.  I want to shorten the time to just 2-3 seconds after a turn is completed.  I will let you know how it goes

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: GS-911 Tips
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-07-15 07:59:23 »
      Good idea to have a GS911 section although I don't have one (right now).
      AFAIK the turn signals stay on for 10 seconds or 300 meters (whichever comes first) after switching them on. The bike does not check whether you have actually taken the turn, although there is a bank angle device on the bike. So programming it to switch off xx seconds or xx meters/yards after a turn might be difficult if not impossible. But I'm always in for a surprise  ;D .
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinechris_uk

« Reply #2 on: 2015-07-22 21:38:50 »
        Good idea to have a GS911 section although I don't have one (right now).
        AFAIK the turn signals stay on for 10 seconds or 300 meters (whichever comes first) after switching them on. The bike does not check whether you have actually taken the turn, although there is a bank angle device on the bike. So programming it to switch off xx seconds or xx meters/yards after a turn might be difficult if not impossible. But I'm always in for a surprise  ;D .

How can we programme this? Mine seem to stay on forever after a turn.....

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-12 14:47:57 »
          GS-911 update.  So far I was not able to adjust the turn signals to a shorter time.  Does anyone know how to put the "TRIP 1" back to zero?  I am missing something.  I can make the service light reset but for some reason the Trip1- Miles to next service will not go to zero...or is it suppose to?  Anyway GS911 just came out with an upgrade to the software so don't forget to search their site for new updates

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
            « Reply #4 on: 2015-10-12 15:33:56 »
            To reset 'Trip 1' just press the black button on the dash next to it (# 7 in the picture) for a couple of seconds until it reads '0'.
            If you don't press it long enough it will just go to 'Trip 2'.

Unless you have a bike with the new dash. In that case:
            Selecting trip meter
            - Switch on ignition.
            - Open Trip menu by pressing the menu button and then select the desired trip meter.
            The following counters can be displayed:
            - Tripmeter 1 ("Trip 1")
            - Tripmeter 2 ("Trip 2")
            - Automatic trip meter ("Trip Auto", resets automatically eight hours after ignition OFF).
            Reset tripmeter
            Switch on ignition.
            Select desired trip odometer.
            Press and hold the menu button until trip meter reading is reset.
            Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #5 on: 2015-10-12 21:34:38 »
              Thanks FP-NLD. I actually drug out the owners manual and found it.  what a surprise I did not even know that button was there.  I have always taken her into BMW for the annual warranty look over abd they reset it for me without my knowing.  I always "assumed" it was a function of the GS911

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #6 on: 2017-05-15 18:01:26 »
                Anyone know any tip using the GS911?  Mine already paid for itself just doing my on maintenance light resets after oil changes. 

OfflineAdmin

• Administrator
                  « Reply #7 on: 2017-05-16 11:02:21 »
                  How about we start a GS-911 Wifi Tips and Help section here?  I just got mine in the mail.  It was a piece of cake to hookup with my laptop but getting the smartphone connection was a little tricky.  There are a few Youtube videos on the GS-911 but most everything is way out of date and nearly zero in the new Red Wifi version.  I just barely began to use it and will report my progress on this string.  Anyone that has any tips for fine tuning adjustment you are welcome to post here.  I do see that the turn signal timer "time-to off" can be adjusted.  My BMW dealer lied to me and said it could not be adjusted!  Right now the turn signal stays on for nearly 50 yards after a turn.  I want to shorten the time to just 2-3 seconds after a turn is completed.  I will let you know how it goes

The new GS-911 section is up and running :-)

anything