Author Topic: Scala Packtalk Duo pack and K1600 GTL -11  (Read 1775 times)

OfflineShRTee

Scala Packtalk Duo pack and K1600 GTL -11
    « on: 2015-07-16 03:53:10 »
    Hello.
    I have the new Scala Packtalk and i am not getting the phone to work true Navigator V, i can see headset  in Bluetooth menu but when i try to answer it will not connect ???

This is how my set up is as recommended in other posts.

My Scala is connected with Nav V
    My phone Iphone 6 to The Nav
    My wifes Scala to my Scala (Duopack)

With this setup i tried to connect bike to Scala, but no radio and no mediaplayer in Nav V !!!! ::)

So i tried to connect my Iphone to the Scala directly ( Then i can use app in Iphone for settings and so on Iphone) and speak in phone.
    then i hear Nav V instructions, i can answer calls but i cannot listen to radio in bike, I cannot see who is calling in Nav V :P

Anybody have any tips for getting it as close to what i want ???

I have searched many forums and not getting what i want.

Here are my priority order.

1, When necessary i want Nav V instructions.
    2, Answer and see calls in Nav V.
    3, Use media player in Nav V ( Have 64 Gb card with many good old rock songs on it in Nav V)
    4, use USB stick in Aux to work if i cannot get media player in Nav V.
    5, to get maybe Spotify / Tunein radio from Iphone 6 ( I have new Iphone 6 adapter to Aux plug).
    so on
    98, let wife listen to music from media layer
    99,  speak to wife if you know what i mean  :o
    The Truth IS Out There.  Just LOOK and you WILL Find

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Scala Packtalk Duo pack and K1600 GTL -11
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-07-16 08:15:10 »
      AFAIK the media player in the Nav V is disabled. Why not connect a USB drive with all your music to the bike's audio? That way you can select songs with the wonder wheel.
      Did you use the correct pairing order? The bike's system is very sensitive to that.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineShRTee

« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-12 15:47:59 »
        Hello FP-NLD and thank you for answer.
        I have tried ALOT of different versions of pairing, but cannot get it to work.
        What is the "right" way ???

thanx in advance for answer...
        The Truth IS Out There.  Just LOOK and you WILL Find

OfflineHDBeemer

• K1600 Exclusive
          « Reply #3 on: 2015-08-14 16:28:25 »
          I have the G9x, but it should work the same way as with your packtalk:

Outtake from the Cardo Scala website:
          Details:The scala rider G9 can be paired to a mobile phone and a BMW Bluetooth Audio System at the same time.Pairing with a BMW Bluetooth Audio System: With a scala rider G9 in Standby mode, press and hold the Volume down button for 5 seconds, until the Blue and Red LED's begin rapidly alternating. Search for Bluetooth devices using the BMW Bluetooth Audio System and follow the instructions to select and pair to the scala rider G9.

In my case, I connect
          1) the G9X to the BMW system, as described in the manual. With this, I can talk to my wife, listen to music and Nav5 (GPS instructions are routed via the BMW bluetooth system)
          2) I follow the instructions above

I think the magic step is the instruction described above - it's a bit hidden on the website, and not mentioned in the manual.

Hope this helps
          « Last Edit: 2015-08-14 16:30:04 by HDBeemer »
          It doesn't have to make sense. It's ok if it's just fun :-)

OfflineCRom11

« Reply #4 on: 2015-12-09 09:24:48 »
            Same here, my and my wife have the C3 Pro with the new SRC 'Pro'. Haven't yet tried the media player from NavV, using 64gb usb stick on the bike and works OK.
            Even found a way how to answer the phone call via the wonder wheel

Only thing I'd like to have is to automatic ally continue music sharing when it was on before, this way I have to get my hand off the handlebars..

OfflineLofty

• I am Loving this machine!!
              « Reply #5 on: 2016-01-21 11:50:55 »
              Hello,

I have also just bought a Packtalk Duo, however I have not got round to fitting it yet. Have you finally sorted out your pairing issues yet?

Looking for some help in this minefield so I can get mine similar to yours. I only have the Nav IV though..

Many thanks

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-21 15:58:56 »

In my case, I connect
                1) the G9X to the BMW system, as described in the manual. With this, I can talk to my wife, listen to music and Nav5 (GPS instructions are routed via the BMW bluetooth system)
                2) I follow the instructions above

I think the magic step is the instruction described above - it's a bit hidden on the website, and not mentioned in the manual.

HD - You say you connect.  Is this everytime you use it, or does it connect automatically once paired (i.e. when you switch ignition on)
                Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-22 20:00:17 »
                   I had the same problems gave up and got the BMW set that works 100% with all and the bike
                  but not cheep PS gave my other set away

OfflineHDBeemer

• K1600 Exclusive
                    « Reply #8 on: 2016-01-23 10:39:13 »

HD - You say you connect.  Is this everytime you use it, or does it connect automatically once paired (i.e. when you switch ignition on)
                    Only the first time. After that, it pairs automatically whenever I switch the bike on.
                    It doesn't have to make sense. It's ok if it's just fun :-)