Author Topic: ACCESSORIES  (Read 2142 times)

Offlinekeith zx

ACCESSORIES
    « on: 2015-11-21 22:29:28 »
     i will hopefully be taking delivery of my bike next week i have the radio and comfort package, is there an official bmw parts site were you order  parts and accsssories for you 16's  ,i do want the sat nav system to drop into the dash,hoping to pair it via the bluetooth from my cardo rider head set , were is the best place to purchase one .  thank you

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: ACCESSORIES
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-11-21 23:36:39 »
      Every country has its own official BMW site. I don't know where you aŕe located. You might want to put your country in your profile. That makes it easier for others to give dedicated advice.
      Before doing anything I suggest you read the BMW manual on the audio system.
      The Nav is hard wired to the bike. You should pair your headset to the bike. Then you automatically have a connection to the Nav.
      If you have a Cardo headset there are limitations to what you can do; especially when riding 2-up. As long as you ride 1-up there should not be a problem.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinejqworle

« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-22 01:56:18 »
        I got my nav off the https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/
        UK section ,cheaper than BMW want for what really is a glorified  garmon 660

OfflineAndy-Archer

« Reply #3 on: 2015-12-03 17:42:28 »
          If you donr mind ordering from America have a look here for parts too
          https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/bmw/K1600GT.html

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
            « Reply #4 on: 2015-12-03 18:24:58 »
            If you're looking for Wunderlich stuff it's easier from the UK to order it in Germany rather than from the USA.
            Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineCharlie747

• Charlie747
              « Reply #5 on: 2015-12-03 20:27:51 »
              Picked up a neat Wunderlich barbag from Balderston BMW at weekend while my ECU was being updated

OfflineCRom11

« Reply #6 on: 2015-12-09 09:00:35 »
                Yep, Balderston is dangerous place to walk into, got my Nav V while just stopped by.. In sale for £499.

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #7 on: 2015-12-09 15:12:28 »
                  hi excuse my ignorance what is balderstone ,do you have there contact details thank you

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #8 on: 2015-12-09 15:25:16 »
                    stupid me, just realised it is a bmw dealer, just rang them and bought my new navigator v ,as you said  £499.00 all genuine bmw nav v's with the two year warranty from bmw ,cant be robbed ,posted out to me for saturday great service ....they have informed me the offer is on till the end of the month  till they break for xmas,,if you want one get it now before the sell out good xmas pressie !!!!

OfflineCRom11

« Reply #9 on: 2015-12-10 09:50:39 »
                      Yes, I forgot to mention its a dealer and that the sale last only till end of this month, glad you got it, saves £120. I've got the car holder too, bit of a pain but does the job. Shame I can't have my phone paired to the Nav V for the SmartLink and to the car, because I prefer the handsfree via the cars BT not the holders tiny speaker, haven't figured yet how to use the car as BT headset for the Nav V, that would be cool. But for pairing it requires you to enter the PIN code, which I can't do on the car..

On other note.. Do some of you have the Wunderlich Oil cooler guard? Mine arrived yesterday and noticed I only got 1 sticky foam strip, the pics suggest there should be 4 of them.. Would anyone know what type of tape it is? Most sticky tapes I found are double sided, which I do not want to use as all the crap from the road, bugs (brids :) ) will stick there and it would be PITA to clean..

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #10 on: 2015-12-10 17:31:32 »
                        DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS OF THE OIL GUARD,DID YOU ALSO HAVE THE RADIATOR GUARD , ARE THESE ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE SAME BM DEALER CHEERS 

OfflineCRom11

« Reply #11 on: 2015-12-10 17:46:27 »
                          Not sure what you mean by radiator guard.. The fender extender? Yup, got both. Plus have the Ergo screen, side stand enlarger and both engine protectors with panniers protectors. Think Balderstone would have them too, but I got mine from motoworks, a bit cheaper :)

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #12 on: 2015-12-10 18:15:00 »
                            apparently some people have had bother with the rad guard clogging up collecting crap leaves ect , which stops the radiator getting enough cool air to keep it at correct temp.there is a video on you tube showung the removal of what i think is very big the original rad guard on our bikes ,it shows you how to remove and fit the new streamline rad guard and oil cooler guard ,just wondering if the bm dealer in peterborough does them and how much cheers ,i'll see if i can put the video on here

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #13 on: 2015-12-10 18:17:03 »
                                   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGaTdT31Lak           

try this link hope it works

OfflineCRom11

« Reply #14 on: 2015-12-10 19:06:29 »
                                I does, thanks. Haven't seen that before. I doubt that a BMW dealers would stock this as it's not their official part.. But I like that would be interested in checking it up. Doesn't seem difficult to fit either, though my 2014 GTL has the new led lights which are PITA to remove the bottom fairing, delaying it till weekend to fit the engine bars.