Author Topic: ARRIVED TO-DAY  (Read 2147 times)

Offlinekeith zx

ARRIVED TO-DAY
    « on: 2015-12-02 21:40:43 »
    my 2016 model gt sport in the new cosmic blue and black arrived to-day,i am really impressed with the colour scheme the photos i seen do not do the blue justice,first ride i was dreading the kluncky gearbox,,,,but what a surprise it just clicked into first hardly noticeable and the up,and down shifting was smooth and quiet,nothing like the bikes  i test rode.  up to now love it just trying to master  the controls ,loads of menus to play with,cornering seemed a bit funny at first due to the higher than i am used to riding position, and weight of the bike but after a whille  i found it pulls you into the corner itself and it leans  over no problem,,just taking my time till i get used to it ,but up to now am happy!!! 

Offlinee7navy1999

Re: ARRIVED TO-DAY
      « Reply #1 on: 2015-12-03 03:08:00 »
      you really should just pay a few extra buck and get the engine crash bar protection.  On drop and it will cost you $1000"s of the case cracks.  Get the front headlight glass protection screen also...that glass will cost you almost $500 USD plus labor

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #2 on: 2015-12-03 09:17:30 »
        it does have engine bar protectors on

OfflineCharlie747

• Charlie747
          « Reply #3 on: 2015-12-03 10:44:02 »
          my 2016 model gt sport in the new cosmic blue and black arrived to-day,i am really impressed with the colour scheme the photos i seen do not do the blue justice,first ride i was dreading the kluncky gearbox,,,,but what a surprise it just clicked into first hardly noticeable and the up,and down shifting was smooth and quiet,nothing like the bikes  i test rode.  up to now love it just trying to master  the controls ,loads of menus to play with,cornering seemed a bit funny at first due to the higher than i am used to riding position, and weight of the bike but after a whille  i found it pulls you into the corner itself and it leans  over no problem,,just taking my time till i get used to it ,but up to now am happy!!!

Now where did you say you parked that nice sweet gearbox? .................lol

Been practicing my gearbox swap technique ..............will probably have to arrange for you to be away on a long weekend to allow me time to get the swap done lol

Looking one sweet ride enjoy.........I was going to go with what you've chosen but by going low mileage used I've managed to keep my GTR. Good plan but now I have to choose which to go play with lol

Talk to Winston Smith about the life expectancy of the footrests 👍😃
          « Last Edit: 2015-12-03 10:51:11 by Charlie747 »

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
            « Reply #4 on: 2015-12-03 10:51:54 »
            Congratulations.
            Let the fun begin (weather permitting).
            Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #5 on: 2015-12-03 15:12:08 »

Now where did you say you parked that nice sweet gearbox? .................lol

Been practicing my gearbox swap technique ..............will probably have to arrange for you to be away on a long weekend to allow me time to get the swap done lol

Looking one sweet ride enjoy.........I was going to go with what you've chosen but by going low mileage used I've managed to keep my GTR. Good plan but now I have to choose which to go play with lol

hi winston as you may know i had the gtr 1400 for a while,then went back to the zzr 1400 ,cant find fault with any of the bikes i have had, never had a bad one , and i never had a kawasaki let me down, i started to get a bit back ache from zzr ,nearly went down the road for another gtr a or maybe an fjr ,really glad a paid the extra and got the 1600k ,been toying with it for a while,the colour combination for the 2106 blue /black set me off when i saw a picture of it ,it looked stunning ,think it looks better in the  flesh. previuos 1600k's i test rode was putting me off ,but i am surprised / impressed with the gearbox on the 2016 model  (UPTILL NOW!!!! )

Talk to Winston Smith about the life expectancy of the footrests 👍😃

OfflineCharlie747

• Charlie747
                « Reply #6 on: 2015-12-03 20:24:30 »
                If the gearbox is sweet I may have to px my sport for the blue black like yours 👍😃

Offlinejqworle

« Reply #7 on: 2015-12-04 10:17:29 »
                  nice bike Keith.

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #8 on: 2015-12-05 14:02:43 »
                    If the gearbox is sweet I may have to px my sport for the blue black like yours 👍😃

i am quite surprised at how quiet the box is ,my first ride into the garage just before i put it into first gear i was expecting a kluck,i was amazed at the little klick i got ,compared to the older 1600k#s i had tested , out on the first ride all was ok lets just hope it stays that way !!!

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-08 18:35:57 »
                      BMW have sorted the gear box problem now I am on my 3rd k1600gt
                      I did have one of the 1st 2011 bikes and that was like knocking 2 bricks together
                      the one advice I would give is ride in rain mode till you get uses to the bike
                      but that all I have done 500 miles in a day
                      the only mod I did was fit a v screen
                      ride safe

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-08 21:23:21 »
                        starting to like the bike more and more .i am only 5ft 8 in and the screen is us over 60 mph ,looking to change the screen but still dont know which one to go for ,hard to buy a screen, pay your money qnd then find it is no good for you ...pity you cant try before you buy!!!!!

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                          « Reply #11 on: 2016-01-08 22:35:51 »
                          starting to like the bike more and more .i am only 5ft 8 in and the screen is us over 60 mph ,looking to change the screen but still dont know which one to go for ,hard to buy a screen, pay your money qnd then find it is no good for you ...pity you cant try before you buy!!!!!
                          Over here several shops will let you try before you buy.
                          They let you try a bike or a car before you buy it  don't they? So why not a simple screen?
                          Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #12 on: 2016-01-09 16:48:44 »
                            hi ref screen the k1600gt sport has a smaller screen than the standard gt
                            I have attached a photo of mine
                            it has a bubble in the centre
                            not cheep but works I am 5.9
                            I have brought after market larger screens but drags you forward
                            the v screen dose not

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #13 on: 2016-01-09 17:34:25 »
                              hi thanks for the info .i have been looking at the powerbonze 660 mm screen works out at £90.00 with forum discount ,what is the exact mode lof your screen ,what is its size and do you have a link to the site thank youhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172048052016?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offlinekeith zx

anything