Author Topic: Wales  (Read 1818 times)

OfflineJim

Wales
    « on: 2016-03-08 16:42:54 »
    Heading off to Wales for a weeks riding in a couple of weeks time. Daughter and son in law got myself and the better half a weeks worth of accommodation. Looking forward to it, need some R&R. Hope that the weather stays dry, had a week there couple of years ago and the weather was great. Live in hope lol.
    2014 GTL Exclusive

Offlinee7navy1999

Re: Wales
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-03-09 02:00:40 »
      I just returned from a week in Las Vegas

OfflineJim

« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-09 08:00:02 »
        That's a little different than Wales lol
        2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
          « Reply #3 on: 2016-03-09 10:07:16 »
          Jim,
          Have fun in Wales.
          I hope the weather improves a bit. It hasn't been that great the last months in the UK from what I have seen on the news over here.
          Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineJim

« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-31 17:58:22 »
            Well back from my trip around Wales a few days now, had a great time, weather was mostly dry but cold. Today I got notification of intended prosecution for speeding. Having been to Wales on many occasions and how stricked they are on speeding I tend to keep within the limits, so I am a bit surprised. Can only assume I either went into a change of limit and not slowed quick enough or opened the throttle a bit to soon leaving the limit.
            2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineDJS

• K1600GTLE-Magnesium Beige & comfort pack & Nav IV
              « Reply #5 on: 2016-04-01 15:36:37 »
              Bad luck! They're so keen over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Just enjoy it!

OfflineGary d

« Reply #6 on: 2016-04-02 12:46:28 »
                Jim
                As a Welshman can I ask were are you staying, may be able to give you some advise on great roads to ride, hopefully without getting a speeding ticket!!
                G

OfflineJim

« Reply #7 on: 2016-04-02 17:16:27 »
                  JimAs a Welshman can I ask were are you staying, may be able to give you some advise on great roads to ride, hopefully without getting a speeding ticket!!G

G, Am home now. Have traveled up and down every road between north coast and mid Wales and loved every one of them, with the exception of Anglesy, to many change of limits.
                  Always open to new, nice routes to ride.
                  2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineGary d

« Reply #8 on: 2016-04-02 18:07:49 »
                    Jim
                    Glad to hear that your home safe
                    if you ever come further down to south west Wales I can give you some great rides ,the coast ride around Pembrokeshire, St David's a great day out on the black mountains ,to name a few
                    Regards
                    G

OfflineJim

« Reply #9 on: 2016-04-05 17:41:30 »
                      G. Will let you know if/when I am planning on heading your way. Have mates that live both North and South Wales and they have in the past shown me some very nice riding roads. I am no speed junky ( got that out my system years back) but I do find that the speed limits in Wales can be very annoying as they seem to change every few hundred yards on many roads IE. 50MPH to 40MPH and back to 50MPH, just a bit to easy to get caught out.

Anyway it will not stop me returning.
                      2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineJim

« Reply #10 on: 2016-04-07 17:37:44 »
                        Question. Have just had notice from North Wales police regarding being caught speeding by Safety camera, I have been offered a speed awareness course in place of a fixed penalty of £100 and 3 points.
                        (1).  Will I need to notify my insurance during this period?
                        (2).  Will I need to notify my insurance on renewal?
                        (3).  Will the speed awareness course affect the price I pay for insurance?

As I live in Scotland and the course is only offered in England and Wales it would mean a travel down and a over night stay as a minimum, so unsure what would be right for me. Leaning towards taking the course as it could be interesting, but if it is going to hike the insurance would it be worth it?

Answers on a postcard please!!!!
                        2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #11 on: 2016-04-07 22:21:29 »
                          Do the course.
                          It's not a conviction and as such should make no difference to insurance.
                          If you take points and fine then that is a conviction and if you get another then your insurance will rocket.
                          Check with the speed awareness deliverer whether you need to declare post course.
                          Do nothing until then unless you need to renew and declare pending
                          Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

OfflineJim

« Reply #12 on: 2016-04-08 08:31:47 »
                            Do the course.
                            It's not a conviction and as such should make no difference to insurance.
                            If you take points and fine then that is a conviction and if you get another then your insurance will rocket.
                            Check with the speed awareness deliverer whether you need to declare post course.
                            Do nothing until then unless you need to renew and declare pending

Thanks for the information. Will go ahead and book the course. All good things come to an end, 42 years without getting done for speeding, oh well, might just need to go out a run at the weekend that always makes me forget the real world.
                            2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineBob S

« Reply #13 on: 2016-04-08 21:48:59 »
                              Some insurers are starting to ask about speed awareness courses, but as they are not a conviction they don't have to be declared as such.
                              2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineJim

« Reply #14 on: 2016-04-08 22:35:59 »
                                Some insurers are starting to ask about speed awareness courses, but as they are not a conviction they don't have to be declared as such.

Thanks again guys, only renewed my insurance last week, before I got notification of intended prosecution so am assuming no need to notify anyone until renewal next year.
                                2014 GTL Exclusive

anything