Author Topic: Lights  (Read 1150 times)

OfflineDeano

Lights
    « on: 2016-03-17 18:00:30 »
    For those considering auxillary lights I was in the dealers recently & enquired about getting a set fitted. The quote came in at well north of £900!!!
    OK, I know BMW stuff isn't cheap but, Chuffing Nora - £900 is taking the wee.
    Research revealed quite a few alternatives of varying cost. Net result, a pair of Chinese LED driving lights for £12.20 inc postage, (yes,really) off e-bay - which bear a remarkable resemblance to a well known branded item which retail for £150.00 - a switch for  a fiver, a few feet of wire, home made brackets & bingo. All done for less than forty pictures of the Queen.  If the lights fall over after a bit of use no real loss but so far so good.
    Only trouble is that the tungsten main beam (which is actually rather good) now looks pretty anaemic against the HID dip & LED auxiliaries . I fitted a set of HID mains to my old RT but didn't like the delay in fire up time. Has anyone any experience of the latest LED replacement headlamp bulbs (Cyclops)?

Offlinekeith zx

Re: Lights
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-03-17 20:48:48 »

https://www.gtr1400.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=5375.0     

hope this link works if not go to the gtr 1400 forum,debs on the gtr forum has just fitted a set of lights to her ftr ,looks opretty tidy and would suit the 1600k if you dont already have them fitted ,,,

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #3 on: 2016-03-18 12:41:59 »
        hope this link works if not go to the gtr 1400 forum,debs on the gtr forum has just fitted a set of lights to her ftr ,looks opretty tidy and would suit the 1600k if you dont already have them fitted ,,,
        The link works but there is a login required.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-18 17:09:31 »
          The link works but there is a login required.
                sent you a pm see if it can help you

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
            « Reply #5 on: 2016-03-18 19:31:35 »
            sent you a pm see if it can help you
            That did the trick.
            The lights look really bright.
            I have (cheap) LED running lights, but people do notice me a lot better.
            I also used to have Hella HID lights but I never used them as they are too bright and blind oncoming traffic. So I just removed those.
            Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #6 on: 2016-03-18 21:48:09 »
              i have the standard bmw lights that came with the gt sport,makes the bike much more noticeable i ride with them on all the time through the day,i maybe wrong but in the manual i think it says that they should be turned off at night as they could cause problems for other drivers due to the glare ,like i said i maybe wrong ...

Offline1badfrog

« Reply #7 on: 2016-10-25 02:19:02 »
                Look into Clearwater lights. They are a little expensive but hands down are the best on the market.

OfflineCharlie747

• Charlie747
                  « Reply #8 on: 2016-10-25 19:36:33 »

I've seen Debs lights in the flesh and they look bright and well installed.  She has also made up brackets for and fitted strobe lights for her NEG work which look like a factory made accessory 😃

anything