Author Topic: NEW SCREEN  (Read 839 times)

Offlinekeith zx

NEW SCREEN
    « on: 2016-03-17 20:04:22 »
    took me bike to jefferies in shipley on monday for its first great service £100 all in.bit nippy going down from tyneside nut much nicer going home,i will continue to ride down to shipley for my services,,i.ve had a problem with wind noise and buffering over 70 mph with the standard gt screen ,as recommended  from this forum just fitted a new z technik screen i have found a big difference ,much better ride,only one problem if i have the screen high up i get an annoying reflection of the silver bars and tank filler cap at the top of the screen ok when lowered down to the height i need though ..

OfflineDeano

Re: NEW SCREEN
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-04-05 12:25:06 »
      Glad to hear you have your screen sorted, Keith.
      After months of dithering I finally bit the bullet & went for the Powerbronze flip. The clincher was a 25% discount on offer at the London Excel show. Always wary of spending up to (or over) £300 when you don't know if it will work! The Powerbronze is appreciably calmer & quieter than the standard screen. For a mere 75 spons it is good value. On full height you are looking through the screen & the reverse wind pressure shoves you forward. Drop it down a bit & all is clear & calm - up to the NSL, I obviously cannot comment on the effect above this, ahem. For the record I ride a GT with the seat on the high setting - 6' 3'' & 33'' inseam.
      As soon as the weather warms up a bit I will get SWMBO on the back, will report further if there are any adverse pillion comments.

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-09 21:34:41 »
        should of got the vsteam works a dream

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-09 21:44:40 »
          i am now used to my v stream technik now dont need it at full height,much much better than stock,thing now is you dont realise how fast you are going as it is quiet and hardly any wind against me ,when i had my zzr you new when you were hoping on,and you could feel the wind ,but now so much more comfortable..