Author Topic: When the rain stops  (Read 633 times)

OfflineCharlie747

• Charlie747
    When the rain stops
    « on: 2016-04-03 13:12:13 »
    Managed after many false starts and aborted plans to get a ride to lunch with a friend yesterday.

The route we normally take involves riding across the Cotswolds with its lanes and quintessential English villages, but on this occasion time was short so main road and motorway for the pair of us.

The location was idilic with River Seven as a back drop to an afternoon of leasure sat in the sun watching the world go by............this is what life is for after many months of hectic full on work load for the pair of us.

The bike ride is always a pleasure and good company with a destination of relaxation and interest a bonus.

All will be revealed once my partner on this trip gets his Polorids developed and we can share the day with you all...................

Over to you Wolf ..............

OfflineThe Wolf

Re: When the rain stops
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-04-04 21:37:36 »
      Yes as Charlie stated, we finally got ourselves out for a meet up where I found myself wishing him a Happy New Year as it's been that long since we've met up!  :)

The destination of the RV was a lovely butty shop in Kegworth where I had this......

and Charlie had......nothing as he didn't turn up cos he'd lost his bike key! >:(

A quick phone call and we reverted to Plan B, straight to the pub in Forthampton, postcode GL194RE should anyone want to visit The Lower Lode Inn.

Whilst there we met a couple of interesting characters, one who owned this beautiful beast......

and the other who owned this....

If you don't like dogs, don't go, plenty free range hounds skulking about looking for dropped food.

A great day out, 370 miles for me, door to door, lets hope its not another three or four months till we get out again.  8)

OfflineThe Wolf

Re: When the rain stops
        « Reply #2 on: 2016-04-04 23:12:47 »
        Almost forgot the main man,  :o

anything