Author Topic: BOTTOM FAIRING REMOVAL  (Read 707 times)

Offlinekeith zx

BOTTOM FAIRING REMOVAL
    « on: 2016-05-02 18:40:30 »
    hi anyone removed the bottom section of the fairing to give better accesss for cleaning exhuasts ect, looks straight forward a few star  bolts at the front of the fairing and underneath , but what do you do with the day running lights ,do these have to be unbolted first ,can you unplug them so the fairing can slide out,there is a video on you tube showing how to do it to fit a rad guard but it is only for 2011 to 2012 ,and it doesn't have the day running lights on  ,any easy way to get them off cheers  ???

Offlinekeith zx

Re: BOTTOM FAIRING REMOVAL
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-05-03 17:42:51 »
      i have managed to remove the bottom fairing / panel no problem removing it 5 minute job,you can get much better access for cleaning,   problem is i dont know how to unplug the side day / fog light,i can see the plug but  too scared to try to unplug it as it looks like it may have a clip or something holding it in place,there is a little slot under the light but i don't know which way to try and move it any ideas thanks..

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-03 20:19:23 »
        hi is Steve
        I think you have the lights that have the eye brow over the top if so
        2 small screws hold the clamp fore the lamp that way you can Se the push clip in the back of the lamp
        after you have unplugged the lamp you will Se a small screw in the eyebrow remove and slide it of the rest is easy ?
        if you need a photo just let me know

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-03 20:53:17 »
          hi steve i have had the light off in my hand ,but cant see how to unplug the lamp,i didnt want to pull on the plug,any pics would help thanks

OfflineFrank S

« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-03 23:58:12 »
            Put a small flat screwdriver in the front
             of driving light opposite of socket while applying pressure to plug wires.
            the socket should release with little pull.

anything