Author Topic: RAD GUARD  (Read 538 times)

Offlinekeith zx

RAD GUARD
    « on: 2016-05-29 19:39:14 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGaTdT31Lak         

thinking of removing my original rad guard and fitting a new polished guard,does anyone know what the function of the black plastic louvred cover on the radiator is for ,it looks like it is a solid box ,not allowing any airflow to the centre of  the radiator..if that is the case cn you just remove the louvre and run the bike without it ,it would give a better airflow to the radiator  make it easier for cleaning the rad ??????

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: RAD GUARD
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-05-29 21:03:59 »
      The black middle portion is there to protect your radiator. Just take it off and see what's inside.
      If you remove it all the mud and stones will smash directly into your radiator. Installing a fender extender might help a bit.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinekeith zx

Re: RAD GUARD
        « Reply #2 on: 2016-06-30 13:53:47 »
        installed the fenda extenda,and ordered a new rad guard from australia,it arrived this morning ,not bad a week to be made and delivered,also came with a mesh grille to fit infront of the oil cooler ,that'll save me trying to remove the debris from the oil cooler radiator,once i get it fitted i will take a couple of pics before and after.