Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 523 times)

OfflineDaveD

New to Forum
    « on: 2016-06-11 21:13:22 »
    Hi all, picked up my 15 plate GLE today and very pleased.  :):):) A nice shiny black one.  Three years since I last rode and a bit wobbly at first, it rained hard for just about all of the 150 miles it took to get it home.  Seems a great bike though.  Particularly like the sitting position and amazed how smooth and responsive it is. Just need to get used to the weight.
    Anyway - just thought I'd say hallo and now off to troll through the forum to find out about the best sat nav and intercom - any thoughts welcome.
    Best wishes - Dave

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: New to Forum
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-06-11 23:38:19 »
      Dave,
      Congratulations on the bike and welcome to the forum.
      If you want a satnav that fits in the cradle and that you can operate (albeit limited) with the wonder wheel and that is integrated with the bike, you need a BMW Nav V. Expensive though.
      If you want a satnav that fits in the cradle and that you have to operate by hand you can go for a Garmin Zumo 660 (the one I have).
      If you want to attache the satnav on the bike not using the cradle (e.g. on the handle bars) you can pick any satnav you like.
      As for the intercom; that depends whether you ride one up or two up most of the time. If you ride two up and want to use all the bike has to offer on the audio front you can only use the BMW navigator (again expensive),but then you better have the BMW Nav V as well.
      If you ride one up most bluetooth headsets work with the bike. The Sena 20S seems to be popular nowadays, but there are other brands. Myself I still use a wired system (Autocom SPA-2).
      Best of luck with the search.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineDaveD

« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-12 22:21:26 »
        Thank you Frank

OfflineDeano

« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-13 13:08:36 »
          Hi Dave, & welcome.
          If you want to use a hard wired intercom (I use Autocom) there are plenty of threads here on how to set it up. I found them most helpful.
          The BM Bluetooth system, apart from being expensive, still has its limitations. For two up riding I have found hard wire the way to go for quality of sound & reliability & you can achieve full functionality  via the whizz wheel.
          Enjoy the bike (I have no doubt you will, these things are fantastic).

Deano

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #4 on: 2016-06-13 19:17:13 »
            welcome and I hope you enjoy your new bike
            I have had 4 so far as I use the bikes audio a lot
            I have always had the bmw satnav and helmet Bluetooth
            did a trip in march 2k and the hole system worked a treat I like my music as well
            other do work but it has its limits
            apart from the satnav that was new
            eBay has been a good sores for the rest
            get to know your new bike then decide what you need
            stay safe
             Steve   

anything