Author Topic: RAD GUARD FOR SALE  (Read 755 times)

Offlinekeith zx

RAD GUARD FOR SALE
    « on: 2016-07-11 20:53:38 »
    as I previously mentioned I have ordered the polished alloy rad guard and the black oil cooler guard from Australia ,I have decided not to fit it,up fro grabs for £50.00 + delivery 

Offlinept52

Re: RAD GUARD FOR SALE
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-07-12 20:33:24 »
      Hi Keith why did you decide not to fit the guards you have purchased ??? Is there a problem with fittings ??

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #2 on: 2016-07-12 23:19:34 »
        don't think there are any probs fitting ,looking at the video I would have thought half an hour would do it, thought I would leave it off for the time being .I may fit it at a later date if I don't sell it, the main reason I wanted to fit it was to remove the centre plastic stone guard to let the bike run a bit cooler.i have fitted a  fenda extenda,i may  run the bike for a while and see if the stone guard still collects the odd stone with the fenda extenda in place.  not too sure what I want to do really????cost over a £100 so I suppose it would be better to hang on to it ,i'll see what happens!!!

Offlineterry

« Reply #3 on: 2016-07-18 20:27:19 »
          I bought the same items last year. I found the oil cooler guard OK but the rad gaurd was too heavy, terrible fit, mesh was to course size so took it off.
          Wrote E-Mail to Australian manufacturer and they didn't even respond so fitted guard where it belonged.....in the skip.
          Past: Triumh Rocket tourer 2300. K1600 GTL blue. Present: Honda Pan European ST1300, K1600 GTL silver.

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #4 on: 2016-07-19 21:56:02 »
            I have fitted the oil cooler guard to-day,i am going to run the bike for  a while then check the plastic stone guard after having the fenda extenda fitted ,if I find the stone guard to be empty I will be fitting the rad guard ,seems to be well made and a big improvement on the bmw standard guard.i  think the bike heats up too quick with the plastic stone uard in place ,fitting the alloy guard will give better cooling ,if I don't like it I  can always change it back...if it does the job I will just keep it on ,certainly looks better than the bmw plastic guard .

anything