Author Topic: BIKE CAMERAS  (Read 811 times)

Offlinekeith zx

BIKE CAMERAS
    « on: 2016-07-27 21:35:45 »
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RoadHawk-Ride-R-Sports-Action-Water-Shock-Proof-RC-Camcorder-Helmet-Camera-/201629130448?hash=item2ef2085ed0:g:H1gAAOSwtnpXkbkl
    anyone have a bike camera fitted , I have been looking at the road hawk rider camera, it is small and discreet ,it records in a loop. and can be hard wired to the bike to give continuous recording , anyone have any experience with them thank you

OfflineBluehagon

Re: BIKE CAMERAS
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-07-29 20:46:25 »
      I have a similar camera slightly different model from Dog Cam and it works really good and it records in 15 minutes segments. Being able to power it from the bike helps as well.

OfflineDeano

« Reply #2 on: 2016-07-29 21:10:02 »
        I looked at the bullet cams but decided to go for something more sophisticated
         & versatile. Wound up with a Drift Ghost. Can be helmet or bike mounted, I prefer a suction mount on the fairing. Sounds a bit iffy but after around 5k miles it hasn't fallen off.
        If you power from the bike it loses waterproofing but the batteries last well + I carry a spare which means around 6 hrs recording. The lens is rotatable which means you can always get the picture vertical & the big plus - a remote control for off/on, video, single photo, burst & loop. Far better picture quality. You can also WiFi to your phone to set up easily & monitor what you are recording.
        Not exactly fit & forget but it gives you so many options. Also transfers to the car via the suction mount on the windscreen. Down side is, obviously, the cost but well worth the extra.

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #3 on: 2016-07-29 21:28:05 »
          ordered the  road hawk camera ,I like the size of it ,it can be mounted on the helmet discreetly ,it will also fit discreetly to the bike with the option to hard wire ,or plug into the 12 volt hella socket, which will give continuos loop recording, need to find the best place to fit it to the bike, with the mounts supplied. £159 inc delivery , all the fittings and hard wire with the remote.

Onlinesteve.med

« Reply #4 on: 2016-08-02 19:44:57 »
            hi I fitted a next base unit has been excellent
            comes with a lot of extra fitting's and can be hard wired to bike se photo
            has gps w.f maps and (g meter)
            and records on a 3hr loop
            I have had this for over a year now would not be without it