Author Topic: FAULT / PROBLEM  (Read 975 times)

Offlinekeith zx

FAULT / PROBLEM
    « on: 2016-07-31 19:31:05 »
    been out for a ride around Northumberland kielder to-day. parked up the bike  then when I walked away I heard a beep and the indicator lights came on ,not flashing just on solid, did this a couple of times after I turned on and off the ignition, with the alarm set to on and off  any ideas ,this did happen to me once before parked up in the garage???     

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: FAULT / PROBLEM
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-07-31 23:34:46 »
      This is a new one for me.
      Do you have key less ride?
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #2 on: 2016-08-01 13:00:58 »
        yes it is the keyless ride .all ok at the moment but I would like to know why it happened , Incase it reoccurs ,thanks

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
          « Reply #3 on: 2016-08-01 14:54:03 »
          Can't find anything in the manual either.
          Did you have the fob in your pocket and maybe accidentely pressed some buttons?
          Have you asked your dealer?
          Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineThe Wolf

« Reply #4 on: 2016-08-01 15:23:26 »
            Keith I'd give Jeffries a quick call, they may have the answer or alternatively ask you to pop in when convenient for it to be checked over.

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #5 on: 2016-08-01 19:30:57 »
              never pressed any fob buttons, have contacted Jefferies, they are looking into it  ,I may  take it down Saturday morning if it is ok with them to plug it into there diagnostic , ok at the moment I would just like to get it looked at, it has done this twice , 

Offlinebeemerbaz

« Reply #6 on: 2016-08-13 17:55:23 »
                No radio/microwave transmitters in the vicinity that might cause havoc on the right frequency ?

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #7 on: 2016-08-14 08:27:01 »
                  i was in falstone in the middle of kielder when it happened , I called Jefferies who were more than happy for me to take the bike down and investigate it ,,to save the ride I booked it into coopers boldon, just as I thought they plugged in the bike and couldn't find any errors, bike is still fine ,I was out yesterday ,no probs , and I will be out to-day if I get a recurrence I will post it ,,don't know what I had done to get the indicators to stay on solid ,,,

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                    « Reply #8 on: 2016-08-14 08:56:34 »
                    Seems to be a one off glitch then?

Offlineochmaheed

« Reply #9 on: 2016-08-14 16:17:42 »
                      Same thing happened to a friend when we were in the que at Folkstone euro tunnel terminal. he turned alarm off and on and stopped and started bike it kept doing it. Never happened again once we crossed the channel and for the rest of the two weeks was fine. Two other new k1600GTl's were with us and they were fine, both with keyless ride. Mine is an OLD one with a key and it was fine too. A wee BMW gremlin lurking somewhere ?
                      how much Mr BMW ?

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #10 on: 2016-08-14 20:14:38 »
                        been out to day from south shields to the borders coffee in jedborogh  then onto moffat , came back via longtown ,Brampton ,great ride out with some great roads into moffat ,no problems whatsoever ,bike is going great the more I ride it the more I like it ,love the exhaust note when you wind it on,

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #11 on: 2016-08-15 00:11:11 »
                          Maybe post a picture of the instrument panel alarms?