Author Topic: 20145/15 K16 Sport for Sale in Northern Ireland. Immaculate  (Read 1270 times)

OnlineDavidMcK

Offlinekeith zx

good luck with your sale .looks about the right price ,let us know how you get on with your sale .the new 2017 bike looks stunning ,think I would take too big a hit on my dec 2015 to justify changing my bike at present .the k 16 is a brilliant bike but has a  seriously bad name when compared with other marques , that is what concerned me changing frmo kawasaki to bmw , I have had no problems now on 4000 miles ,have you had any problems with your bike to date , if so were they sorted out to your satisfaction...never knew you could get two keys with the keyless ignition ,I only got the one and the emergency key ..

OnlineDavidMcK

Hi Keith, this bike is the best I have owned.

The last 2012 K16 was the worst, I took it to Europe twice, the first time it couldn't make it up Stelvio without me stopping and letting it cool down.  The second time I took it abroad it overheated every day, I eventually had to stop in Milan and get a BMW dealership to look at it, they washed out the radiator and I made it home, it also had switchgear, gearbox and other bits replaced during the two years I owned it.

The 2015 bikes are very good, hope the 2017 bikes are that bit better.

Offlinekeith zx

JUST WONDERING DID YOU FIND ANY DIFFERENCE IN YOUR RUNNING TEMP WITH THE RAD GUARD FITTED AS OPPOSED TO THE STANDARD BMW GUARD WITH THE CENTRE STONE GUARD IN IT . I don't know what causes the problems with the switch gear  ,b ut I never wash my bikes ,I always use a waterless polish, mainly I clean them with glass cleaner often use mr sheen ,gives a great shine , don't know if the switch gear maybe effected by water ,if you don't sell your bike privately have the dealers gave you any idea of a part ex value off the 2017 model , I am tempted but don't know how much of a hit I am going to take,also its a bad time of year to sell bikes,  .

OnlineDavidMcK

My 2015 bike has only had three problems, all occurred in the first month of ownership.  I had a spotlight failed, a wonder wheel fail and the popup for the Sat Nav broke.  Nothing after that for two years.  The Rad Guard fixed the overheating problems, Full Stop.  I think BMW have modified the design on the 2017 bike, I was on my hands and knees looking at it last Sunday.

A big decision will be the comfort pack.  It has been free for the last two years and BMW will not say if it will be free on the new bike until January.  I need/want it.  Deal done for the new bike and it is on order.  email me separately if you want some more details on it.

dmckane@hotmail.co.uk
            « Last Edit: 2016-11-26 14:55:18 by DavidMcK »

OfflineDaveD

Hi David
              Where did you get your Radguard from?
              Thanks

OnlineDavidMcK

Got it from Australia.

Offlinekeith zx

Hi David
                  Where did you get your Radguard from?
                  Thanks

hi dave d don't know if you or anyone interested but I bought a new rad guard from Australia and I  never fit it ,its up for grabs cheers

OnlineDavidMcK

Hi Keith, thanks for the offer of the Radguard, I am going to stick with the standard guard on the 2017 bike, after 6 years they must have got it sorted (time will tell)

OfflineDeadRedUk

David did you have any Joy shifting the Bike? And per chance did you ever ride a Varadero?

OnlineDavidMcK

Nope, bike still here, but will be trading it in very soon.

Might have ridden a Varadero a few years ago at a open day.

Mate had one and put 80,000 miles on it.

OfflineDeadRedUk

sorry dave had a mate from Craigavon, a mr d mckeague, was wondering had he, half the name fitted, good luck with trading with Charlie hursts, offered me bottom book for my immaculate k gtl excl.

OnlineDavidMcK

Hursts won't sell a bike to me, getting it from Chester Motorrad.  Much nicer people and an excellent deal.

OfflineDeadRedUk

Yeah bought my 16 from central motorrad, way forward I think lookers own too many brands on the one site in boucher

OfflineBob S

Hursts won't sell a bike to me, getting it from Chester Motorrad.  Much nicer people and an excellent deal.

A dealer not selling you a bike? There must be a story there :)
                                2012 K1600GT-SE

anything