Author Topic: Adaptive Headlight Update Question?  (Read 411 times)

Offlinemcousin

Adaptive Headlight Update Question?
    « on: 2016-12-11 15:34:30 »
    Hi  All, I'm new to this forum but I have had my 1600GTL from new. Its now nearly 4 years old. Last summer I had a minor "off" on gravel which damaged a few panels and the Adaptive headlight fixing lugs. Nothing serious and I have now replaced nearly all of the damaged and scratched parts either new or via eBay. However, the headlight was expensive and I repaired the lugs and its been fine (still works without problems).

A used "undamaged" headlight came up for sale on eBay a few weeks ago and I bought it. The "new" headlight has a different Angel eye electronics interface on the back of the headlight unit (the headlight is from a 2015 K1600GTL) and they do not work in my older (2013) bike. Anyone know if this is a programming problem or a more detailed chassis modification that was done with the newer 2014 models? The adaptive headlight works fine, main beam works fine, just the LED Angle Eyes don't work (with the obvious dashboard warning light)

Any inputs would be useful please!

OfflineSTeinar

• Global Moderator
    • Blue R1200RT lc (AKE_Intercom)
      • Homepage
    Re: Adaptive Headlight Update Question?
    « Reply #1 on: 2016-12-11 22:11:06 »
    The newer has two light output settings - and higer wattage led's.
    This for Daytime usage.

Try to switch the light controllers - from the other/old one ?
    STeinar
    ** Wired and Bluetooth intercom from shop.ake-electronic.com **

Offlinemcousin

Re: Adaptive Headlight Update Question?
      « Reply #2 on: 2016-12-13 13:13:21 »
      Hi Steinar, Thanks for your response. yes I tried that (I assume you mean the controller on the bottom of the headlamp unit?) Incidentally both control units (on the old and new headlight units have the same part number. I haven't tried swapping the xenon ballast that could be an option but I don't think that's linked to the DRL...

anything