Author Topic: Suspension upgrade for K1600GT  (Read 551 times)

OfflinePedro PC

Suspension upgrade for K1600GT
    « on: 2016-12-22 20:24:18 »
    Hello

I wonder if anyone knows of any upgrade to the K1600GT suspension?

The original ESA suspension operates fairly poorly on roads with less good road surfaces or winding mountain roads.

On another BMW motorcycle, a R1200GS Adv Lc, I saw Olhins shock absorber suspension installed, with the advantage of rebound and compression adjustment, and talking to the owner he was really pleased with the new performance of the bike.
    When I try to explain why I ride a motorcycle, for those who have never experienced no explanation is possible! for those who ride motorcycle no explanation is needed!

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Suspension upgrade for K1600GT
      « Reply #1 on: 2016-12-22 21:47:36 »
      No personal experience but I know of  number of people who have changed them for Wilbers shocks
      Wilbers has experience with BMW suspension and you retain the ESA: WESA (or Wilbers ESA).
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineHDBeemer

• K1600 Exclusive
        « Reply #2 on: 2016-12-23 21:37:56 »
        Take Wilbers. It's a more than noticeable difference and a real improvement!
        It doesn't have to make sense. It's ok if it's just fun :-)

OfflinePedro PC

« Reply #3 on: 2016-12-28 16:31:52 »
          Hi,
          After investigating the various reviews here and elsewhere, I decided that I will do the conversion for Wilbers shock absorbers while keeping the original ESA.
          I will do the work in a BMW dealer and send the original shock absorbers for the Wilbers for conversion.
          With the bike disassembled I'll take the opportunity to wash the radiator and check all the nuts and bolts of the fairing and different parts of the frontal and rear.
          Thanks for the advice.
          « Last Edit: 2016-12-28 16:34:07 by Pedro PC »
          When I try to explain why I ride a motorcycle, for those who have never experienced no explanation is possible! for those who ride motorcycle no explanation is needed!

anything