Author Topic: 2012 k1600GTSE FOR SALE 19k miles  (Read 363 times)

Offlinesevenup

2012 k1600GTSE FOR SALE 19k miles
    « on: 2017-01-05 10:06:26 »
    i am , reluctantly selling my bike. It has had an 18k service about 500 miles ago and is in great shape fir riding. Cosmetically it's not so good with engine paint bubbling and the bar that goes from back axle to gearbox above the drive shaft needing repainted or powder coated. I have used the bike little in the past year since my wife decided to stop riding pillion. I have a new project planned and my daughter's wedding to contribute to so I am, reluctantly, selling it. I've priced it to sell. If anyone is interested please let me know. I had it out yesterday in the sunshine and it still brings a smile to my face. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162345773935?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    Economics - invented to make astrology look good #indyref #YES2014

Offlinesevenup

Re: 2012 k1600GTSE FOR SALE 19k miles
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-01-06 14:02:02 »
      I'm in two minds about selling the bike. I originally bought it for the comfort of 2up touring and it's been a fantastic bike. My wife and I retired early to look after elderly relatives one of whom was struggling with dementia so touring was a real break. Latterly, my wife has been uncomfortable over longer days and has decided to give up pillion riding. Last year I managed less than 1k miles and my dealer's less than stellar performance has got in my head a little. The bike (2012) has a lot of paint bubbling on the engine and the stabilising bar between rear axle and gearbox has oxidation showing through its thin paint. If I sell it, I'll get a fraction of its value from new but I really like it when I'm on it. If I keep it I need to sort out the engine paint and get that bar powdercoated at least but I'm solo riding from now. I maintain the bmw extended warranty so anything that breaks gets fixed (mainly the stupid switchgear for me). I don't really need the money but it's a grandiose bike to keep in the garage for short runs so I really need to tour to justify keeping it! Just thinking out loud.

Economics - invented to make astrology look good #indyref #YES2014

anything