Author Topic: K1600GT Electrical Wirering Diagram  (Read 488 times)

Offlineskovboel

K1600GT Electrical Wirering Diagram
    « on: 2017-01-09 11:10:27 »
    Is it really impossible to have a complete electrical diagram of a K1600GT?
    I mean it is possible for the russians to hack and try to influence the american election, but no one are having a complete diagram for a K1600GT.

In this forum, we often see help regarding e.g. taillight and headlights, but no complete diagram available anywhere?

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: K1600GT Electrical Wirering Diagram
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-01-09 12:49:28 »
      You are not the first one to ask this question. People have been looking for this since the bike came out end 2010/beginning 2011.
      Nobody has found a complete wiring diagram until now. It's probably one of the best kept secrets by BMW.
      There are some pictures in the download section but not complete ones with colour codes.
      Is there anything specific you are looking for?
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlineskovboel

« Reply #2 on: 2017-01-09 14:27:16 »
        Well I am looking for more things, however I bought a LED flashing unit which should work on an BMW cambus system.

If I hit the brake, my tail light will start flashing in intervals and I can set the interval to 6 seconds or more .... up to much more, but it does not work as the new dynamic brake light. I just think that safety comes first, and would like to add this to my tail light.

Off course, I could when I add a genuine tail light for my top box, change the setup and add the new gimmick here, without messing up the origin wirering.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
          « Reply #3 on: 2017-01-09 19:58:19 »
          Since you can add an original BMW LED brake light without upsetting the CAN bus it should also be possible to add a different kind of LED brake light, provided it does not draw too much current.
          To which wire did you connect your brake light?
          And after connecting did the normal brake light still function?

The wire for the brake light  is gray with a black tracer and repeating yellow dots in top case connector.

Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

anything