Author Topic: New Model Launch  (Read 1018 times)

OfflineJim

New Model Launch
    « on: 2017-02-25 16:49:11 »
    Went along to the BMW Motorrad new model launch this morning. Have firstly got to say I was so disappointed with what was on offer. If you fancy a N Nine t you have God knows how many variants to choose from, the new GS models I am afraid did not float my boat, the Adventure models have not changed visually although now euro4 complient and some new shaft to gearbox. RT well it's a RT not for me, K1600 GT nice but £22000 to put on the road plus the price of a top box, bit steep although they sold two. K1600 GTL not one on show at all, expected to see at least one of the new updated models, don't know when they will arrive nor at what cost.

So to sum up I went looking to possibly change my 2014 Exclusive for something else, even if it was another GTL but not on what was on offer. As far as anyone knows the Exclusive has been discontinued so i decided to hold on to what I have for the time being. Even the salesman told me I would be mad to change mine for anything they had to offer just now. 😔
    2014 GTL Exclusive

Offlinesteve.med

Re: New Model Launch
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-02-26 10:12:50 »
      hi I have to agree with you
      the k1600 has had a bit of a nip and tuck and a big price increase
      bmw still has not addressed the excessive ball joint wear or up graded the front suspension
      still the same bike under the skin
      I will stick with what I have at this time
      I went yesterday as well I to hate the rt etc.
      5 k1600 so far not a lot on the market to tempt me yet
      and like you say k1600 for 22k bit to much       

OfflineJim

« Reply #2 on: 2017-02-26 12:16:24 »
        Would not be so bad if £22k got you every extra/option for the bike but it does not come close, no top box, engine bars, ground lighting etc. In order to get a new GT to what my exclusive has would set me back another 3 to 4K on top of the 22k.

My exclusive set me back £22.2k fully loaded, so for me new one, not at this time.
        2014 GTL Exclusive

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #3 on: 2017-02-26 13:52:17 »
          yes less for more
          BMW wake up stop cutting corners
          live to enjoy
          ride safe

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
            « Reply #4 on: 2017-02-26 15:41:35 »
            I wish bikes were that cheap over here (relatively speaking  :) ).
            A new fully loaded GT (without the top case) costs almost € 32,000 over here. That's over GBP 27,000 or almost USD 34,000
            I guess I'll just stick with my current GT.
            Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineJim

« Reply #5 on: 2017-02-26 16:42:17 »
              I wish bikes were that cheap over here (relatively speaking   ).A new fully loaded GT (without the top case) costs almost € 32,000 over here. That's over GBP 27,000 or almost USD 34,000I guess I'll just stick with my current GT.

Guess it's all relative to income levels.
              2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                « Reply #6 on: 2017-02-26 17:33:10 »
                The relative average income of a country does play a part, but not that big a part.
                If the relative income were the standard to determine the price of the bike (and other things),the bike would be the most expensive in Switzerland.
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_average_wage
                Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineBob S

« Reply #7 on: 2017-02-28 19:42:43 »
                  Where are you getting £22k from for a new K1600GT?
                  2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineJim

« Reply #8 on: 2017-02-28 20:04:34 »
                    [size=78%]Where are you getting £22k from for a new K1600GT?[/size][size=78%] [/size]

Straight from the dealer who has sold two for £22k and yes that's not the base model they were a SE and a Sport neither we're fully loaded with all extras, no top case, engine bars etc. Also BMW are not giving any incentives like last year where you got the £1200 package thrown in.
                    2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineBob S

« Reply #9 on: 2017-03-01 19:15:29 »

I looked at the BMW website for the prices and the base model starts at £17205. ESA is now standard on the base and the SE models. The GT SE is £18800. I seem to remember, and I stand to be corrected if I am wrong, that the base model cost in the region of £15450 when they were launched in 2011, so an increase of £1750 over 6 years is in the region of 12%. Given that the new model includes ESA as standard (which was not even standard on the GT SE) that is a low increase.

The latest comfort pack is £1335 and that includes keyless ride, gear assist pro, central locking, alarm system and the LED spot lights. That brings the SE up to £20140 and has the gear assist pro which was not previously available. If memory serves me correct the old comfort pack for the GT had the ESA, alarm and the central locking, was in the region of £1200. Adding the alarm and central locking as a stand alone option adds £590 to the price, so that would bring the current GT up to a price of £19390 and that would be directly comparable with the GT SE fitted with the comfort pack.

One item that has been increased in price dramatically is the audio system, which is now £1100 on both the base and SE models.

If I was buying a GT now I would go for the base model, given that ESA is now standard, and add the central locking and alarm which would bring the bike up to £17795. The only difference spec wise between the new bike and my 2014 GT SE would be the lack of the adaptive headlight. I wouldn't pay £1100 for the audio system.

I will see if I can dig out the invoices for my 2012 and 2014 GT's as a comparison to the current prices.
                      2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineJim

« Reply #10 on: 2017-03-01 19:59:59 »
                        My GTLE back in 2011 cost £19,400 plus another £100 or so for high level light. That did not include engine bars but I believe every other accessory BMW had. Move on to 2014 and I purchased my GTL exclusive for £22,200 which has every gadget and add on you can get from the BMW catalogue including inner bags for all three cases and pillion arm rests (not for every one I know) special paint and colour. A bargain compared to the GT old or new.

On your pricing have you included delivery charges, road tax and number plate.

Can't remember the exact ticket price on the one I saw on the shop floor but it was a smudge under the £22k and it did not have the optional SOS system fitted nor a top case. Before I got as far as the new bikes I was speaking with the shop manager about swapping mine and it was then that he told me that the exclusive was now discontinued he had no new model GTLs and that it would cost me £22k for a new GT plus top case, high level brake light, inner bags etc. As much as the GT is a nice bike, for me I prefer the GTLs riding position.
                        2014 GTL Exclusive

OnlineRambler358

« Reply #11 on: 2017-03-01 20:09:46 »
                          Before I got as far as the new bikes I was speaking with the shop manager about swapping mine and it was then that he told me that the exclusive was now discontinued he had no new model GTLs and that it would cost me £22k for a new GT plus top case, high level brake light, inner bags etc.
                          Well, that's interesting - I was wondering why there was no mention of an Exclusive for 2017.  Did BMW run out of colors they could use?   :o:P

OfflineJim

« Reply #12 on: 2017-03-01 22:38:27 »
                            Well, that's interesting - I was wondering why there was no mention of an Exclusive for 2017.  Did BMW run out of colors they could use?   

Reckon not as I believe they are bringing out a GTL executive with 4 coat paint with a load of goodies fitted 😳😜👌
                            2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineJimmer137

« Reply #13 on: 2017-03-13 18:49:49 »
                              Well I have just bought a K1600GT Sport with the comfort package as mentioned by Bob and the audio was already fitted. I didnt want it and made that clear so I paid £21,520 OTR. That IMHO is a lot of bike for the money and my old RT pannier bags and SHAD topbox will fit so I'm happy.

OfflineBob S

« Reply #14 on: 2017-03-20 23:54:51 »

I found my invoice from  March 2014.

The basic cost of the bike was £16435. The audio system was £690. Comfort package was £1010, making a total of £18135. Delivery charge was £300, first registration fee £55, road tax for one year £78 and the on the road charge was £222 making a total of £18790 on the road. The comfort package was free so the price I paid was £17780.

The basic cost of the 2017 GT SE is now £18805, a difference of £2370, but the latest model comes with ESA as standard and it also has the reverse gear.

So, there you have it.
                                2012 K1600GT-SE

anything