Author Topic: Good bye, sold the K1600GT  (Read 471 times)

Onlinebill harr

• Bill and Veronica's Travel Blog
Good bye, sold the K1600GT
« on: 2017-03-07 06:01:32 »
Just wanted to thank STeinar for this great site. I go way back with him to the old My-mc site. Got to meet him in Oslo (2004) when my daughter went to school in Denmark. As the title says I have sold the K1600  to get a lighter bike. Now have a 2016 Multistrata S touring. The BMW spoiled me on the electronics, I did try the BMW 1000SX but too much vibration. I will be checking in just won't have much to add.

Steinar may see you on the road, my daughter is now living in Basel Switzerland. I will be there the month of September this year.

Bill Harr

Keep your best wheel forward.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
    Re: Good bye, sold the K1600GT
    « Reply #1 on: 2017-03-07 09:51:09 »
    Bill,
    Congrats on the new ride.
    There is no reason to stop coming here on this forum.
    All the best with the new bike from another grandfather who rides [/size] :) .
    Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineJim

« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-07 19:46:38 »
      Also a grandfather who rides, keep in touch, you will have pleanty to add, like what you're new ride is like etc.

Have fun and stay safe 👍
      2014 GTL Exclusive

Offline1600GTGuy

« Reply #3 on: 2017-03-07 20:13:30 »
        I think there are a lot of us Grandfathers that ride!
        Good luck and ride safe so you'll be a great-grandfather that rides!!
        Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence or stupidity.

OnlineSTeinar

• Global Moderator
        • Blue R1200RT lc (AKE_Intercom)
          • Homepage
        « Reply #4 on: 2017-03-08 05:00:12 »
        Just wanted to thank STeinar for this great site. I go way back with him to the old My-mc site. Got to meet him in Oslo (2004) when my daughter went to school in Denmark. As the title says I have sold the K1600 to get a lighter bike. Now have a 2016 Multistrata S touring. The BMW spoiled me on the electronics, I did try the BMW 1000SX but too much vibration. I will be checking in just won't have much to add.
        Steinar may see you on the road, my daughter is now living in Basel Switzerland. I will be there the month of September this year.
        Bill Harr

Thank you Bill, and yes - happy riding on the new bike.
        And yes - see you on the road somewhere [/size] :D
        STeinar
        ** Wired and Bluetooth intercom from shop.ake-electronic.com **

anything