Author Topic: Hello from Droitwich Spa  (Read 321 times)

Offlinegrumps

Hello from Droitwich Spa
    « on: 2017-03-13 19:08:26 »
    Hi all,

I bought my K1600GLT about 2 1/2 years ago after a string of BMW tourers going back many years.

I have an Explorer Xc and a Vstrom 650 but the 1600 is the one I enjoy riding the most. If I am honest the running costs if you include the BMW extended warranty and general servicing costs are hard to justify but if smiles-per-miles is the reward then I guess I'll just carry on smiling! :)

My wife and I go for at least one touring holiday per year but as I'm retiring soon I hope to get the tour count up. I also organise a lads tour every year and the Beemer is ideal for the long distances. (But you all know that anyway!)

I don't do my own maintenance on this bike other than really basic stuff like brake pads, but I do like the idea of the pros giving it a proper going over every year - despite the costs.

Anyway, thanks for letting me in and I look forward to contributing if I can.

If money can't buy happiness, explain beer and motorbikes

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Hello from Droitwich Spa
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-03-13 20:26:44 »
      Welcome to the forum.
      Riding a bike is all about having fun and if a smile on your face costs some money, so be it.
      Many safe and happy miles.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineJim

« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-13 22:44:17 »
        Welcome from sunny Scotland. Enjoy you can't take the money with you and you only get one shot at life, so make it count.
        2014 GTL Exclusive

OfflineCharlie747

• Charlie747
          « Reply #3 on: 2017-03-13 23:50:52 »
          Welcome from a fen in South Lincolnshire

I've a 1400GTR to go with my GT Sport and when it comes to long distance effortless comfort the K wins hands down 👍😃