Author Topic: Radio signal and Scala Rider Q1  (Read 606 times)

Offlinekakiek

Radio signal and Scala Rider Q1
    « on: 2017-05-10 10:59:43 »
    Hi,
    I have paired my Scala Q1 to the Bluetooth of my 2013 K1600GT.
    So far so good, but .... the volume of the radio (output) seems to be very high, as I can't find the way to reduce the radio output (speakers are switched off !!),I can only reduce the volume on the Scala Q1. The problem is that, as the volume is really high, by reducing it, the signal is distorted !!
    Does some one knows how to correct this ?
    Already many thanks for your help.
    Regards,

Offlinekeith zx

Re: Radio signal and Scala Rider Q1
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-05-10 14:24:38 »
      as far as I am aware , to play through the scala , you have to turn the bikes loudspeakers off, then the only control for your volume is by the up and down volume buttons on the side of the scala, I don't know if it would make a difference if you put your scala onto your laptop and reset up its values, I have no problem with my scala , would be lost without it now . good bit of kit. good luck..

Offlinekakiek

« Reply #2 on: 2017-05-10 23:14:05 »
        @ Keith zx
        Thanks for your replay.
        This afternoon I have operated a reset of the Scala Q1 and also from the Bike settings.
        Prior to pair both, I have put the radio volume on a low level and then re-paired both together, but the problem is still there, the volume of the radio output is still to high.
         :(:'(:'(:'(

Offlineedinburghbiker

• 2015 K1600GT SE
          « Reply #3 on: 2017-05-11 07:12:42 »
          Not a cheap fix to your problem but it will give you complete control over what you hear in your headset(s) and volume control from the wonder wheel. Also this will allow you to pair two headsets to the bike output rather than just one meaning that your passenger headset can also hear the music/radio/satnav etc.

I have done this and it involves fitting a Sena SM10 bluetooth unit wired through an Autocom switched bridge.

This might not be the simple solution you are looking for but it is an option and there is plenty info online about this if you are interested.

Essentially, the speaker outputs are fed into the Sena unit and bluetoothed to the headsets so setting the speaker output volume with the wonder wheel controls the headset volume. The Autocom bridge allows you to switch between speakers/headset(s) or off.

HTH

Sena:
            https://www.sena.com/product/sm10/

Autocom:
          https://chainspeed.co.uk/autocom-switched-stereo-music-interface-for-on-board-music-systems-2275/?gclid=CMfJ17yI59MCFQbjGwodMb8GGg
          « Last Edit: 2017-05-11 07:29:00 by edinburghbiker »
          When life throws you a curve, lean into it!

Offlinekakiek

« Reply #4 on: 2017-05-11 11:45:03 »
            Thanks edinburghbiker for the suggested solution, and I will follow you.
            It seems the most simple one, instead of going for the $$$ BMW Helmet Bluetooth.

« Last Edit: 2017-05-11 11:47:34 by kakiek »

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #5 on: 2017-05-11 15:06:18 »

@ Keith zx
              Thanks for your replay.
              This afternoon I have operated a reset of the Scala Q1 and also from the Bike settings.
              Prior to pair both, I have put the radio volume on a low level and then re-paired both together, but the problem is still there, the volume of the radio output is still to high.
               :(:'(:'(:'(
              /quote]
              once you have your radio off speaker I don't think the volume on your radio ,no matter were it was set at would effect the scala volume been out on mine to day , if I turn the volume down on my scala it is off , I can then turn my scala on full volume and it is still clear , with good sound, when I put my scala on my laptop I am sure there are volume settings maybe wrong while since I did it , have had no problems with mine , it must be something simple on the settings . good luck   

OfflineBkh

« Reply #6 on: 2017-05-12 06:16:45 »
                Hi,
                I have paired my Scala Q1 to the Bluetooth of my 2013 K1600GT.
                So far so good, but .... the volume of the radio (output) seems to be very high, as I can't find the way to reduce the radio output (speakers are switched off !!),I can only reduce the volume on the Scala Q1. The problem is that, as the volume is really high, by reducing it, the signal is distorted !!
                Does some one knows how to correct this ?
                Already many thanks for your help.
                Regards,

I don't recall exact steps, but I have Schuberth SRC paired with bike.  The volume was very high for me to even when I set volume on SDRC to lowest setting. 

I did two things:

1) on the SRC I turned off the volume setting that automatically increases volume when outside noise get louder

2) on the bike, I disabled the automatic volume increase based on speed.