Author Topic: anyone know if bmw do touch up paint for engine case  (Read 692 times)

Offlinetaffyflytyer

or another brand same colour

Offlinee7navy1999

Re: anyone know if bmw do touch up paint for engine case
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-05-15 17:57:55 »
      The paint codes are on the data plate.   Even with the correct paint codes sun fading changes the original codes.  I take my stuff into a place called "superior paints" company.  They do a laser match on the actual part and then mix the paint in a handy spray can.  They also have different types of paint for fule exposure, gravel toughness, clear coats, power sprays which in my opinion are the best and most forgiving.  If you have the actual paint code that gets them in the ball park and then they final match it.  Cost for one can of custom mix spray is about $19usd.  Clear coat is another $10.  You will need wax remover...I just use electrical contact cleaner because I have it handy all the time.  You need soe 180, 22, 320 and 400 grit wet/dry sand papers,  1/4 sheet each

Offlinetaffyflytyer

« Reply #2 on: 2017-05-16 15:15:13 »
        just found it COLOR MIXTURE CODE WM34 PLATIN METALLIC MATT a company called rs bike paint do it on amazon

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #3 on: 2017-05-16 18:32:40 »
          used rs paints quite a few times I go direct to them they have a web site good stuff never had a complaint yet  ,they will do aerosol or have the paint mixed ready for you to shoot straight from the gun