Author Topic: autocom  (Read 397 times)

Offlinegtbusa

autocom
    « on: 2017-07-04 23:02:49 »
    hi,new to the site,i have just replaced my k1300gt with a 2014 k1600gt in blue,and need to transfer my autocom.i was thinking of drawing power from the top box plug,could anyone please tell me the colour of the live to tap into,found loads of info on splicing the speaker wires but not on connecting.thanks in advance alan

Offlinesteve.med

Re: autocom
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-07-05 00:58:33 »
      it has been done but
      the best way to power the unit is
      remove the front seat make sure the screen is down disconnect the battery remove the 2screws Frome the fuse  box and lift it up
      get a 12volt tester reconnect the battery switch the ignition on the off one of the fuse will stay live for a few seconds the off splice in to the fused side of the wiring
      don't use the one under the rear seat it can play havoc with the can bus system
      or if your bike has audio buy the bmw com not cheep but works a treat

Offlinegtbusa

« Reply #2 on: 2017-07-05 09:13:40 »
        hi,thanks for the reply,but i do not want to go down the bluetooth route as we both like to hear the nav instructions.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
          « Reply #3 on: 2017-07-05 14:06:23 »

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum.I''ve tried bluetooth but went back to my Autocom.
          Don't know how much current the Autocom draws but it might trip the CAN bus.
          I powered my Autocom with a PDM60, but any fusebox will do.
          Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineKawaman

« Reply #4 on: 2017-07-05 23:20:19 »

I have powered my autocom via a Fuzeblock (bought from Nippy Normans)
            The Fuzeblock "ignition power" comes from the Tail Light Power -  the wire is in the small harness under the fairing on the right hand side just under the saddle (AKA the canoe fairing).
            Tail Light: Gray w/ Black Tracer.

Hope this helps as this forum helped me.

anything