Author Topic: BITS FOR SALE  (Read 353 times)

Offlinekeith zx

BITS FOR SALE
    « on: 2017-07-11 18:40:17 »

had no interest In my mint Dec 2015 gt sport , so looks like it is going to go in part exchange, god you get your eyes ripped out when you sell on these bikes ,a massive loss. never mind it is what it is ,   so will probably be selling my sat nav v , hardly been used ,bought new from bmw dealer , also have a bagster tank cover in the 2016 light metallic blue colour , I find the bagster better than the bmw covers , I have a bagster tank bag clipped to mine (keeping the bag ) a power bronze headlight protector. and a wunderlich side stand extension plate, all I can think of at present, if i sell them it will help a bit to the massive hit i have took   ,you buy new for peace of mind and the warranty , but when you come to move it  on you get hammered ,anyone interested message me with a sensible offer ,thanks for looking ,will really miss the 16 , but time to get something s,aller .

OfflineKawaman

Re: BITS FOR SALE
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-07-11 20:12:12 »

Feel like vulture but interested in the headlamp cover and side stand thingy.

I sympathise, been there done it will never buy new again. Warranties are one thing but what repairs are generally need on a nearly new plus there are extended warranties that can be bought for a fraction of the depreciation costs.

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #2 on: 2017-07-11 20:23:49 »
        thanks for your reply you can have first dibs on them , just waiting to see if I am definitely doing the deal I have set up ,  this is my first bmw , I had to buy new for peace of mind after all the horror stories going around , must admit though never had a problem and it is by far the best bike I have ever rode, I think the way to go is buy a good second-hand k 16 , but to get the two year warranty you will still have to go through a bmw dealer ,  even then you will still get a big hit when and if you can move it on, my bike was around £17500 when I bought it new , I have been getting offers from £9000 to £10250 .massive hit after doing 6000 miles , and my bike is absolutely immaculate , I have never seen a cleaner one in any of the dealers I even polish the sump!!!! I wish I could have bought a bike like mine  second hand when I was looking would have saved a bit ..a fantastic bike ,but it will be my last bmw ,the only other bmw I would have would be the k 1300 s nad they stopped making them !.

OfflineKawaman

« Reply #3 on: 2017-07-11 23:53:43 »

No probs just let me know.

With a hit like that I'd be keeping it. As you say, it really is a great bike. You've done the hard bit!!
          For me all vehicles will half their value in 3 years, BMW seem to be taking the piss - fancy showrooms to pay for I guess.
          The only good thing about PCP deals is that you can see what they think your bike is worth at the end of the contract (they tell you it will be worth more................)
          I have a 13 plate GT SE, due to the horror stories I have the extended warranty, pay through the nose for it but gives me peace of mind should it be required - the added benefits soften the blow (breakdown and European cover). 
          Like you I've had no issues - probably due to having the warranty!!!

OfflineCharlie747

• Charlie747
            « Reply #4 on: 2017-07-12 08:52:47 »
            I picked my GT Sport up at 18 months old from a Ducati dealer.  Looked at the price compared with new and saw the hit taken by depreciation.  At that point I made the decision that if I committed to the bike it was going to be for the long term as to bail out short / medium term would not be financial viable for me.  I kept my 1400GTR for the same reason. It was worth more to me than I was offered.

In fairness I do the purchase route rather than PCP I'm a bit old fashioned in that respect.

So Keith what has tempted you for your next ride, I'm toying with the idea of adding a KTM Super Duke GT or ZZR1400 to the fleet how about you ?

PS Sorry to take you sales thread off course. Could I have 2nd dibs on the side stand thingy ?  The tank cover is a great idea but alas the wrong colour for my orange one

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #5 on: 2017-07-12 12:53:32 »
              i would love another zzr 1400 but I sold my perfect 8 month old performance sport with around 2000 miles on it in November 2015 , gave that away also for £10500, I was starting to find it a bit uncomfortable , I cant fault the bm but trying to move it on is impossible no dealers are interested in it ,bmw offering around £10600 it varies from shop to shop , like I say love the bm but it is getting heavy to move around the garage , and you have to be super careful when parking it when out , then if someone parks near to you sometimes have a problem , especially on loose ground , so I thought get something smaller now ,managed to source a new z 1000 sx , touring , still plenty of poke , should be more comfortable than the zzr and I am saving a massive amount of weight . its no k 16 but thought I would make the move now ,probably regret it ,I have had a great 6000 miles on the 16 ,hope I can gel with the sx ,I am getting a new bike and cash back in my hand .still slightly not sure really ,but if it goes through the end of the month I will have nav v hardly used  , gt screen  , cosmic blue tank cover (bagster )headlight cover,  the side stand thingy, will see how it goes 

anything