Author Topic: WARRANTY  (Read 870 times)

Offlinekeith zx

WARRANTY
    « on: 2017-07-13 12:57:05 »
    as I have mentioned I am thinking about changing my 16 for a smaller bike , but to be honest I still haven't fully made up my mind even though I have paid a deposit off a 1000sx, my warranty runs out at the end of December this year so thought out of curiosity I would ring the warranty people , came back with my bike on just 6000 miles would be £450.00 inc breakdown. the warranty is transferable if you sell the bike ,you can also get  a refund if you sell the bike and cancel the warranty for the remaining time .

Offlinekeith zx

Re: WARRANTY
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-07-13 23:34:38 »

found this anyone know of or have any experience a good saving 
      https://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/qa/index/index/p/ProductSelection

OfflineKawaman

« Reply #2 on: 2017-07-13 23:46:08 »

Given you'll most likely lose approx £5k on the 1000sx in three years and the BMW warranty will cost £1350.
        My logic (often flawed) would be to keep the BMW. In three years time you'll have a £7/8k BMW or £5k Kawasaki.

Obviously if the BMW isn't suiting now then you sell. At the end of the day there's not too much in it over three years.

Also, I think if you pay the warranty monthly (I pay £37/month) you can suspend it i.e. over the winter (I'd check first) to save some dosh.

re warranty direct I have no experience of them but the BMW warranty does seem VERY comprehensive especially given breakdown cover and if you travel to Europe at anytime.

Strange this thread since I started by me wanting to buy some of your stuff from the BMW

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #3 on: 2017-07-14 20:03:15 »
          warranty direct rang me to day it is £276.00 for a full years warranty it covers all parts same as bmw but it does not include breakdown cover ,at present I am going to keep my 16 till next year

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #4 on: 2017-07-14 20:30:26 »
            hi Keith sorry you are getting rid of you k I remember when you got it
            I had a good look at warranty direct some time ago
            if you do have a claim you will have to have the repair where they want it done and it dose not cover as much as bmw and if its a recurring fault may ask you to pay part of the bill
            hope your new bike puts a smile on your face
            enjoy
            steve

Offlinegtbusa

« Reply #5 on: 2017-07-14 21:53:05 »
              hi Kieth, bmw will contact you before your manufacturer warranty runs out offering extended warranty,i have just bought a 2014 k1600gt private,phoned bmw insured warranty and bought cover and euro assist for £39 per month.i would not own a bmw without this.i am on my 3rd kgt,my previous 2 were 1300,i have had the 13 shipped back from france twice,once for switch gear and once for final drive failure,which is at the dealers being swapped as we speak.

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #6 on: 2017-07-14 22:03:22 »

hi Keith sorry you are getting rid of you k I remember when you got it
                I had a good look at warranty direct some time ago
                if you do have a claim you will have to have the repair where they want it done and it dose not cover as much as bmw and if its a recurring fault may ask you to pay part of the bill
                hope your new bike puts a smile on your face
                enjoy
                steve

hi steve decided to keep the 16 ,cant fault the bike , I was just thinking of getting something a bit lighter , the problem I have is once you have been riding on a 16 , you wont get another bike to give you the comfort , weather protection and a cracking 6 cylinder engine , so I will pay for the warranty, due at the end of December ,done 6000 miles now , see how I feel next year , and see if anything interesting comes out , 

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #7 on: 2017-07-15 11:17:17 »
                  I know what you mean
                  I am in the same position a lighter bike would help but had 5/ 1600 now what do I replace it with ?
                  rt give me a head ache after 50miles so not a option
                  I can have a deal on a new 1600 but not over keen on the paint
                  as for bmw warranty a must  8)

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                    « Reply #8 on: 2017-07-15 18:06:10 »
                    Removed the post by GeorgeHarStump and also the reply by Keith just to prevent anyone accidently clicking on of the links.
                    If he tries a second time, I'll ban him.
                    « Last Edit: 2017-07-15 18:11:13 by FP-NLD »
                    Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineKawaman

« Reply #9 on: 2017-07-15 20:46:54 »

warranty direct rang me to day it is £276.00 for a full years warranty it covers all parts same as bmw but it does not include breakdown cover ,at present I am going to keep my 16 till next year

Oh well back to ebay for me - glad our keeping "her" though.

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #10 on: 2017-07-15 21:35:04 »

Oh well back to ebay for me - glad our keeping "her" though.

were you interested in viewing my bike ???

OfflineKawaman

« Reply #11 on: 2017-07-15 22:16:45 »
                          no! I was going to buy the headlamp cover and side stand thingy

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #12 on: 2017-07-15 22:47:45 »
                            ah sorry !! sent you a pm as well .best be hanging onto my thingy for the time being  now , if things change will let you know ....

OfflineKevkev

« Reply #13 on: 2017-09-15 12:18:45 »
                              Looking at an extended warranty on k1600 has anyone heard of fullthrottle out of florida. Bmw factory warranty 5 years $900.

anything