Author Topic: NEW TO THE FORUM  (Read 400 times)

Offlinebuzz1

NEW TO THE FORUM
    « on: 2017-08-18 20:09:18 »
    Newbie Here.  Just joined this forum and will most likely have a lot of question.  Just sold my 2014 RT and in search of a K1600.  Looking at a 2013 GTL Premium with 5,500 miles.  Would greatly appreciate comments, suggestions and advise regarding anything that I should be asking the seller.  Any issues with that year production model?  Pros, cons etc...  Coming from an RT, I know I'll have to replace the seat with something more comfortable.  I had the RDL on my RT and although it was comfortable it was a bit high for my 29-30 inseam.  Anyone has any experience with the Sargent seat?  I also had an aftermarket windshield on my RT.  Would like to hear what some of the member here are favoring. 
    « Last Edit: 2017-08-18 21:40:51 by buzz1 »

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: NEW TO THE FORUM
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-08-18 21:58:46 »
      Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the search.
      I would suggest to take test rides on a GT and on a GTL. Bikes are basically the same but have different ergonomics.
      No difference in model years 2011 till 2016.
      Just make sure that all the prescribed maintenance has been done by a dealer. That way you make sure that the bike has got all the updates.
      Also check whether the switch clusters have been replaced. The earlier bikes can get faulty switch clusters but they are replaced for free. On my bike they were replaced for free even though the bike was 4.5 years old at the time.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinebuzz1

« Reply #2 on: 2017-08-19 03:05:34 »
        Ok. Got it. Spoke to the seller he thinks the cluster was replaced but is not sure. I'll check with the dealer that serviced the bike.

Offlinebuzz1

« Reply #3 on: 2017-08-20 02:05:34 »
          Picked up my 2013 K1600 today. Ride home was about 120 miles. I've been riding for almost 30 year now . Had numerous bikes (1400 Intruder, Gold Wing, ST1300, valkerie, Harley Electra Glide, RT to name a few) but the K is in its own class. Had a smile the whole ride home. Will take a few day to figure everything out.  WOW what a fine machine.

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #4 on: 2017-08-20 11:30:45 »
            hi I am on my 5th k1600 love them I have a Sargent seat fitted to mine a lot better the only down side was the grip if you have textile on you slide a bit
            so I had mine recovered by a good friend I have posted a photo
            this bike will put a smile on you
            no more gear changing to over take just wave as you go past

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #5 on: 2017-08-20 11:42:28 »
              sorry put the wrong photo on this is before it was recover 

anything