Author Topic: system 7 crash helmet good or bad help  (Read 638 times)

Offlinesteve.med

system 7 crash helmet good or bad help
    « on: 2017-09-01 16:31:59 »
    hi just tried on a system 7
    to remove the chin section quick
    to put it back on not so it felt cheep and tacky and where do you put it when you are touring it look like it would brake in 5min
    bmw still have not released the com unit yet so no point to buy a new one yet as you can not fit the old type com to this helmet
    has any one had a 7 yet
    o and com/helmet £800.00+ >:(>:(

Offlinekeith zx

Re: system 7 crash helmet good or bad help
      « Reply #1 on: 2017-09-03 21:58:08 »
      I have just bought a schuberth c3 pro,i think they are the same manufacturers for the evo helmets, when trying it before I bought it thought it was very comfortable ,with a five year guarantee I thought I was buying something special ,not cheap at around £450 ,done 200 miles with it now , and to be honest it is no better than my carberg, costing around £145, the flip front does not lock in the open position , which means it is not legal to ride with it open like I used to with my carberg in slow town traffic, the flip front is a sod to close ,you have to be careful closing the front with the neck piece , to make sure it clears your chin, and if fogs up very easily , and it has a pin lock, my first and last schuberth  I think they are , totally overpriced !!!

Offlinealaskier

« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-04 19:55:44 »
        I have a Schuberth C3 and I think it's great. However, it does take a while to "run in". Once you have used it a bit you will find that the flip front opens, closes and locks a lot easier. Keep at it my friend and all will be well!

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-04 19:59:38 »
          hi Keith
          I had system 6 for a wile and it stays up one hand operation
          and I have to say no problems over 4 years just got a ex display in mat black main dealer £120.00 not bad
          as no stock of the 7 at the time
          PS how's the new bike

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #4 on: 2017-09-04 20:32:20 »
            hi steve managed 220 miles on it to now ,first impressions.  first of all it is no bmw k16 , which I knew before I bought it ,I haven't ridden anything in the same league as it,  but , found the suspension firm , and it rides over the bumps nice and smoothly  with no rattles , really surprised it is quite comfortable, the back brake actually works , unusual for a Kawasaki my zzr's were crap ,it is the only Kawasaki I have had that does not klunk into gear , (must be something wrong with it !!) it steers really well into and out of the corners , I am stuck at around 4000 revs at present till it is run in, got the same problem as my zzr's comfortable I thought it is at first but about 80 miles and I get a sore arse, the weight saving (around 100 kilo's )is well noticeable ,pushing it in and out of the garage a doddle , the engine is lively keeps wanting to pull all the time , I think when I am able to use it properly it is going to be quick enough to have some fun on. I am getting a bit wind at over 60 mph (one reason I bought the c3 pro , but my caberg is as good !!),I had to make a compromise to have a lighter bike with plenty of performance and some comfort  which I think I have achieved ,areas for me to look at will probably be a better screen and maybe a more comfortable seat ,if I get them sorted out I think I will have achieved what I set out to do, so at present the bike has surprised me some ,it is riding better than I thought it would , just need to get it run and serviced so I can ride it properly .

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #5 on: 2017-09-04 20:55:27 »
              am glad to hear it
              if it work use it my bike is in on Wednesday for some work got a demo k1600gt for 2days to se if the revers gear is any good as I have had a bad knee infection and that would e the only reason to change
              only 7k on mine at this time 

Offlinekeith zx

« Reply #6 on: 2017-09-04 21:03:11 »
                sold my bike with just over 6000 miles on it , dealers other than bmw don't want your bike in part exchange , to be honest even the bmw dealers just take the mick ,you will never get what your bike is worth , I have had bad knees for a long time now ,  it is a pleasure being able to push the bike around with little effort .like I said I think the sx 1000 was the best compromise for me, take a lighter bike out for a demo and see what it is like .

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #7 on: 2017-09-07 10:22:59 »
                  had the demo over night
                  I will stick to my one revers gears ok but its one speed
                  and it works ok on a slight hill not so good if its a bit steeper
                  gear shift bike dose not need it
                  I will keep looking   

OfflineDan-BMW

« Reply #8 on: 2017-09-24 15:44:55 »
                    had the demo over night
                    I will stick to my one revers gears ok but its one speed
                    and it works ok on a slight hill not so good if its a bit steeper
                    gear shift bike dose not need it
                    I will keep looking   

Testing my new BMW System 7 Helmet Modular Carbon size 60-61

I have tested with my motorcycle K1600 GTL 2018, it is important to take into account because of the protection I have of the wind with the fairing of this motorcycle.

Price: $ 775 plus taxes (Canada)

Comparison with my previous helmet BMW System 6 (modular)

Ventilation : The ventilation vent on the top of the helmet seems to me less effective on the 7 than on the 6. However since I usually ride with my helmet visor always raised and my motorcycle windshield is also mostly a little raised, this vent had little use. There were times when I was very hot to lower my motorcycle windshield to the lowest and close my helmet visor completely to have an air circulation. It must be understood that when the visor of the helmet is raised it obstructs the air intake of the ventilation opening of the top of the helmet. On the other hand the most important advantage for me of the new helmet 7 is that chin guard is removable very easily. Thus, I will finally have a good ventilation because my helmet visor will not obstruct the ventilation opening since it is removed at the same time as the chin guard.

Weight: The second most important benefit for me from the helmet 7 is that by removing the chin strap the weight of the helmet is reduced to 1.3KG compared to 1.7KG for the helmet 6. The helmet 7 has a total weight of 1.6KG with The chin guard.

I know this headset is unfortunately not sold in the United States. The helmet 7 is my third helmet BMW (System 4 and System 6) and I never had any problems with these helmets except the replacement of two worn parts on the 6 which prevented the visor from being closed by wind.

The only disadvantage that I have identified on the helmet 7 is that the visor does not stay raised to more than 100KM hour with a little wind. But it is less important for me since I will use the chin guard only when it is raining!

Hopefully this will enlighten those who have interest in this helmet.

I hope my english is not to bad

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #9 on: 2017-09-25 19:27:54 »
                      your English is better than most brits
                      let me know if you have any problems with the chin removal  on or off
                       as to me it feels a bit flimsy
                      for the time bearing I will stick with my 6
                      riding in France next week and I do use the com unit a lot so until the new com comes out I will Waite
                       and yes it will be wet    >:(

OfflineDan-BMW

« Reply #10 on: 2017-09-28 16:25:16 »
                        your English is better than most brits
                        let me know if you have any problems with the chin removal  on or off
                         as to me it feels a bit flimsy
                        for the time bearing I will stick with my 6
                        riding in France next week and I do use the com unit a lot so until the new com comes out I will Waite
                         and yes it will be wet    >:(

The chin guard is more difficult to remove than to install but it is not too problematic. That does not seem too fragile either. I installed the new communication system and I am very satisfied on the other hand it is very expensive.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk