Author Topic: Another newbie in CO with  (Read 326 times)

Offlinemanix37

Another newbie in CO with
    « on: 2018-04-21 13:25:38 »
    Hi folks, I just purchased a 2012 GT, my fifth (and by far the most complex) BMW, and I have a few questions that you experienced owners might be able to supply some quidance. First, it is missing the nav unit. I definitely want to get this going ASAP, what are my options regarding this? Can a newer version of the nav be used?. Also in the same vein, I'm in need of a new helmet and looking online at the various sites there seem to be a lot of options. Let's just say for the moment that price is not the object here, fit and functionality are the priorities. Something that works seamlessly with the nav unit and my iPhone, Any help would be greatly appreciated! Look forward to meeting up with some of you local (or not so local) folks in the future.

Offlinesteve.med

Re: Another newbie in CO with
      « Reply #1 on: 2018-04-21 20:39:37 »
      hi and welcome
      has your bike got audio fitted when bike was 1st out the nave was a smaller size and on that note only a bmw unit will work with the thumb wheel
      can you let me know your head size as I am about to list my system 6 that I got in October last year complete with coms unit  only been worn a few times

Offlinemanix37

« Reply #2 on: 2018-04-22 04:30:33 »
        I just went to a dealer today and tried on both the Shoei NeoTec 2 and the Shuberth C4. Surprisingly the best size for me was a Medium (57-58 cm). I have a fairly long head, and I had a bit of pressure on my temples with the C4, (I've tried on Shuberths in the past and it has always seemed that I experience some tightness on my temples, but I read somewhere that the C4 had some more space),and nothing noticeable with the NeoTec2. I didn't try the C3Pro, (which I have ascertained is basically the same as a System 6). If you have a M System 6 with the GPS I would be interested,however I would want to go and try on either a S6 or C3Pro to see about the fit. Doing some research I am now leaning towards a AVG SportModular Carbon Fiber helmet with a Sena 20S Evo Com Unit. Any comments regarding these products would be greatly appreciated.

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #3 on: 2018-04-22 19:54:29 »
          hi mine is a 60/61
          just brought a system 7 carbon not as quit as the 6 but its is what it is I will live with it
          se my post on system 7   

anything