Author Topic: New to BMW  (Read 280 times)

Offlinerpstarcruiser

New to BMW
    « on: 2018-05-27 02:45:11 »
    New to not only the K1600 but BMW in general. I've had many Japanese bikes in the past and have a Goldwing presently. But ever since a buddy of mine bought a K1600GTL and I rode it a few times I became interested in it. Since  then I have I've done a lot of research and believe I'm going to purchase his if he gets a new one. The quality and longevity of my past Japanese bike have been great. I'm hoping to have a similar experience with a BMW. Just wanting any advise you could give to someone new to BMW. And what you thought about a 2012 with 20,000 miles in very good condition with quite a few extras and all service records. Also recently had the 18,000 mile service completed. Does $12,500 seem a fair price? Really like the bike and am looking forward to becoming a BMW owner. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Offlinesteve.med

Re: New to BMW
      « Reply #1 on: 2018-05-27 15:20:45 »
      welcome
      I to in the past have had wings pans and cbr
      I have had a lot of bmw and now I am on my 5th k1600
      the one thing you must take on-board is this is not a Honda so things will go wrong if you do not follow
      the correct way to take care of it
      my mate has a k1600gt with 70000 miles  on it and runs a treat I have known bike with 20000 miles give out
      but on the plus side this bike will always put a smile on your face
      we have just got back from le mans in France motor gp last week a 4day trip bike was left in the car park in the sun now the cruse control switch is faulty and has to be replaced I FORGOT TO COVER IT UP
      so you can se look after it the correct way
      and enjoy  8)       

Offlinerpstarcruiser

« Reply #2 on: 2018-05-28 02:42:06 »
        Thanks for the reply. Well its done. He bought a newer one and I bought his. So I guess its time for me to learn the correct way to take care of it and enjoy. Looking forward to the ride!!!! Would have today if I didn't have such a long day trailering the 2 bikes through so much rain in so many miles. But hopefully tomorrow.

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #3 on: 2018-05-28 10:10:49 »
          help is always a click away
          and welcome

Offlinesteve.med

« Reply #4 on: 2018-05-28 19:41:14 »
            well I have you to blame after I posted my reply to you I went out for a ride stopped of at my local  bmw dealer on the way and came away £20000.00 lighter
            got a new k1600gt
            I must be mad this will be my 6th k1600 (well you cant take it with you when you go ) ;D

Offlinerpstarcruiser

« Reply #5 on: 2018-05-28 19:44:14 »
              Well I'm glad I could help with the addiction. Especially this early on in my BMW ownership.