Author Topic: 2018 gt l aftermarket screen  (Read 370 times)

OfflineDREW31

2018 gt l aftermarket screen
    « on: 2018-07-04 00:00:21 »
    Hi just joined forum and looking for advice on a aftermarket screen for my gt l, what do you have and are they available in the UK, would  like more wind protection and quieter ride than stock screen. Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.
    « Last Edit: 2018-07-04 08:14:45 by DREW31 »

OfflineDavidMcK

Re: 2018 gt l aftermarket screen
      « Reply #1 on: 2018-07-04 13:21:05 »
      I have a spare GTL screen.  Brand new.  When I purchased my 2017GT Sport I wanted a standard GT screen, they fitted a GTL screen by mistake and I drove it home with the GTL screen.  When I told them the problem they sent me a new GT screen.

OfflineDREW31

« Reply #2 on: 2018-07-04 20:48:49 »
        Hi thanks for posting, I have a stock gtl screen fitted and think that a aftermarket screen may work a little better. I have no experience of them and hoped to shortcut my learning curve and save some £££ by not buying the wrong one.

OfflineMatt68

« Reply #3 on: 2018-07-05 19:22:40 »
          Hi I too didn't like the gtl screen so I have fitted a Z Technick V Stream screen, the smaller of the 2 available ( I did fit the taller one first but found it too tall for me) I then added a MRA X creen touring spoiler. I find that this combination works about as well as I can hope for. I am approx 6'2" tall and quite broad, definitely bigger than average.My oil cooler R1200RT with a V sream screen was quieter and my wife's R1200RTLC is quieter with a Puig screen on.My belief is that as a rider on the gtl you are sat farther back from the screen so the air gets past the screen and creates turbulence.Now that I have changed the screen I have a nice compromise, the turbulence is for the most part gone,and the wind noise is greatly reduced, but I can still position the screen to allow some air to get to me.The RTs I now find too hot and stuffy. I have played around a lot over the years with screens on various bikes and it is a bit of a minefield and very personal.Also must mention that I have the high seat on the bike and that I have also attached a gel seat that raises me up at least an inch more.

OfflineDREW31

« Reply #4 on: 2018-07-05 23:42:22 »
            Hi matt68, thanks for your thoughts on this, I came from a RT and this stock screened bike is very much noisier. Interesting thoughts on the gap to the screen ,it's something I had not thought about but makes a lot of sense. Just spotted a company called calsci that do screens also.

anything