Author Topic: oil plug  (Read 201 times)

OfflineBasswoodGT

oil plug
    « on: 2018-07-30 22:34:30 »
     I was talking to a guy today driving  a K1600T and he was saying he had bought a one piece oil plug with the two plugs connected, so when you removed the bottom plug the top one came out also. Anyone know of this and where it is available. Take care all  Mike

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: oil plug
      « Reply #1 on: 2018-07-30 22:54:27 »
      Never heard of this.It would be very difficult to make because the distance between the two plugs would be fixed and the thread on both plugs would have to be synchronised (if I make myself clear).There is a guy in the US (RL Lemke) who has made his own 'superplug' to make it weasier to remove theinner plug.  Just google "RL superplug". Maybe that's what he meant.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineBasswoodGT

« Reply #2 on: 2018-07-31 01:39:58 »
        Thanks I'll Try that

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #3 on: 2018-08-01 03:16:24 »
          The plug threads are a different pitch so the turns would be completely impossible to remove both at the same time.  Each turn would advance the plugs a different distance

anything