Author Topic: Autoswitch connection  (Read 1058 times)

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
    Autoswitch connection
    « on: 2013-01-20 18:14:17 »
    I'm in the process of installing an Autoswitch, but can't find the turn signal cancel wire.
    I found the connector that comes from the handlebar and it has 4 wires in it.
    On the 'handlebar side' (white arrow on the pic) they are purple, yellow, green and blue (all solid); on the 'bike side' (yellow arrow on the pic) they are yellow with a green stripe, green/white, green/blue and green/purple.
    Sorry the pic is a bit blurred.
    Anyone been successful in installing an Autoswitch yet?
    If so, which wire do I use as trigger?
    Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineEka

Re: Autoswitch connection
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-01-20 20:45:14 »
      Probably it's not possible to connect it there, if all the switches share same cables.

I connected once Autoswitch to rear brake lights. Blinking twice brake activate/deactivate it. There was then two different models and other one was suitable for that... I don't know about current ones.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2013-01-20 21:02:21 »
        Thanks for your reply.
        Probably it's not possible to connect it there, if all the switches share same cables.
        I have the latest Autoswitch 7 which is specially designed for BMW latest CAN bus models. There is always a chance that it doesn't work, but it should as it is designed for this.

I connected once Autoswitch to rear brake lights. Blinking twice brake activate/deactivate it. There was then two different models and other one was suitable for that... I don't know about current ones.
        I have the Flash2Pass garage opener attached this way to the high beam flash, but am reluctant to attach anything to the brake lights. I want to switch additional Xenon headlights with it and when I want to switch them on or off while riding it's a bit awkward to have to flash your brake twice for no apparent reason (at least that's how it will apper to others riders).
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
          « Reply #3 on: 2013-01-22 19:36:54 »
          Got an answer on another K1600 forum I'm a member of.
          Turns out Eka is right: it is not possible.
          Here's the response of someone who has done a lot of research on the CAN bus.
          "There's no turn signal cancel wire.  The left cluster just sends out codes on the serial CANbus which are then interpreted by the signal driver.  You could build a little widget (small circuit board) that sits on the bus (it could be mounted nearly anywhere on the bike)  to convert the cancel command to a wired signal for your device.  It would be easy for me to build but costly in small quantities and I can't imagine a significant market."
          So it's going to be an old fashioned on-off switch.

BTW: anyone interested in an Autoswitch 7 (maybe for another bike)?

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
            « Reply #4 on: 2013-04-16 20:53:03 »
            With help of the inventor of Autoswitch someone on another K1600 forum found a solution.
            Trick is to use the clutch switch and use the double-tap option (not engage it).

https://www.autoswitch.com/as7-full-digital-handlebar-cluster.php

anything