Author Topic: K1600GT in Oz  (Read 470 times)

OfflineBrick

K1600GT in Oz
    « on: 2013-02-14 04:02:09 »

After 3 weeks of waiting for a dealer stuff up with some paperwork in order to get registration, I finally have my K1600GT on the road. I managed to get a few miles on it prior to finding an admin stuff up on a national database that took it off the road, but finally can ride without care.

I've managed to get a headlight protector, radiator and oil cooler guards as well as a set of Ilium crash bars. If anyone in Oz is looking for these crash bars, I can highly recommend Rod at Mototoys as the Australian agent. Fantastic product and even better customer service. Three days from order to my door.

I have a few more planned additions, including a custom adaption of my old Ventura tail bag and rack from my old K1200RS and a tank bag, probably a RKA Shiloh. This should set me up for a planned 10 000km ride in 6 weeks. I mate on his K1300R his joining me on a trip from Darwin at the top of Australia, across the centre of Australia, top to bottom, then across to the East coast and a trip through the Australian Alpine regions, heading north almost the full length of the eastern sea board, then inland and west back to our start point. All in 16 days. That should be a good shake down for the big 16, dubbed "Enterprise" by my regular riding friends.

This is my third K bike. Starting with a 1986 K100RT, the highly modded K1200RS and now K1600GT in the last 12 years. While I have nagging doubts, hopefully this will be as reliable as the last two bikes. Especially as I average 800-1000 kms a week.

OfflineSTeinar

• Global Moderator
    • Blue R1200RT lc (AKE_Intercom)
      • Homepage
    Re: K1600GT in Oz
    « Reply #1 on: 2013-02-14 11:11:22 »
    Congratulation with the new ride - and welcome to the forum!

You will have a BIG smile for while now  ;D
    ** Wired and Bluetooth intercom from shop.ake-electronic.com **

anything