Author Topic: Dunlop Roadsmart II  (Read 1428 times)

OfflineGazzz999

Dunlop Roadsmart II
    « on: 2013-04-23 06:52:48 »
        I have just been forced to replace my rear tyre due to a serious puncture. It happened in a remote area and the only replacement available was a Dunlop Roadsmart II. I’ve since ridden only a few hundred kilometres on the new Roadsmart II so I’m not yet able to fully assess its capabilities. I’d be interested to know if anyone has had any experience with this tyre on a K1600GT or other type.

OfflineBrick

Re: Dunlop Roadsmart II
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-04-24 01:58:02 »
      I still have Z8's on my GT, but my mate just out the Dunlops on his K1300R prior to our trip half way around Australia. They did 10,000km, while they have shelved badly with all the straight road running, he loves them. He says they turn in quicker than the Metzlers, and having replaced by my Tyres on the trip, I think his Dunlops will probably last longer. I'll be considering them on next change.

Offlinepeterh

« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-06 18:34:53 »
        I have just over 5k miles on them and will be changing them soon for another set.   They have a fair bit of life left but not enough to make me confident they will last throughout a 1500 mile trip coming up.  They probably would, but I don't want the uncertainty.

They felt a bit stiff for the first 50 miles but then seemed to bed in.  Dry grip is good, wet is good (enough for me to find a boot skimming the road on a damp tight turn - with no bad feedback),and duration looks good. 

OfflineVELO

« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-18 22:27:43 »
          Rest assured Gazzz999 I had Dunlop Road Smart Tyres fitted to my last bike which was a K1300GT,  they where brilliant much better than Metzler. I have them now fitted to my K1600GT and the confidence they give you on cornering is amazing, no oversteer.  I cannot fault them, my wife who regularly rides pillion also noticed these tyres are smoother on rough surfices. I have now done near to 3000mls mainly touring, there is at least another 2000mls left in them.
          With no experience with other types tyres on this bike other than Metzler,  frankly I don't care as these to my mind are as good as it gets. ;D

OfflineBrick

« Reply #4 on: 2013-06-06 04:36:43 »
            I put a set of these on Enterprise yesterday afternoon. So far only have a 150km on them.
             Good points- They're round and appear to be made of rubber.
             Grip levels seem very high in normal running (see below)

Bad points-
            I can make them squirm with a right wrist application of torque, when laid into a corner, far more so than the softer Metzlers they replaced. Hopefully this will mean better mileage with normal running?
            The tread pattern is very aggressive. The new tyres are throwing every last piece of crap on the road back into the bike. The road noise from the tyres is awful compared to the Metzlers.
            After paying My local Stealers "premium brand pricing"  to supply and fit them, compared to the "more expensive" Metzlers I had fitted while away interstate touring last month, I can now siht sideways.

anything