Author Topic: Bridgestone T30.  (Read 2061 times)

OfflineGargy

• Global Moderator
    Bridgestone T30.
    « on: 2013-05-03 22:02:02 »
    I had a few sets of the 023's on various bikes, and quite liked them. Good grip and good mileage.

The T30 has now superceded the 023's............. Anyone tried them on the K16 ?

And if so, what do you think of them ?

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Bridgestone T30.
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-05-03 22:39:15 »
      Are they already available?
      On the Dutch Bridgestone site they still advise the BT022 for the front and BT021 for the rear.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineGargy

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2013-05-03 22:52:25 »
        In the UK they were issed to the public on March 1st 2013.

I havent actually tried to get any yet................................. Will ring in the morning to get prices.
        R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli.

Offlinechrisvds

« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-04 13:08:56 »
          Asked it directly to Bridgestone, with the formal answer that for the K16 the T30 is not available, and BT022 / BT21 combination still should be used. My tyre supplier got via his channel the answer that they should be available in Belgium mid-June. I ordered a set of Pirelli GTs which will be mounted end of May, just before leaving on a 10-days trip.

Driving now PR3 front and PR2 rear, based upon recommendation of a friend not to put the PR3 on the rear, and am very pleased with this combination. But new tyre types available now on the market, so why not trying them. ;)
          « Last Edit: 2013-05-04 13:16:00 by chrisvds »
          Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.

OfflineGargy

• Global Moderator
            « Reply #4 on: 2013-05-07 20:44:35 »
            I had a ring round the local tyre fitters today, only to find out that Bridgstone have not yet released the size of tyre for the K16.

But I have got a price for a set of Michellin Pilot road 3's..................... £290.00 ride in ride out service.

Is this a good price ?
            R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli.

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #5 on: 2013-05-08 21:36:35 »
              About right.

Have a look at the Pirelli Angel GT's though.  Just as good, cheaper, good in the wet and side walls are stiffer for the weight of the bike which has given me a better feel
              Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

OfflineGargy

• Global Moderator
                « Reply #6 on: 2013-05-11 16:49:02 »
                About right.

Have a look at the Pirelli Angel GT's though.  Just as good, cheaper, good in the wet and side walls are stiffer for the weight of the bike which has given me a better feel

Can I ask what tyres you have had on your bike, and which ones you rate. I'm not a hooligan on a bike, and I'm looking for longer life/higher mileage over ultimate grip. Currently on Z8's, but the original was shot in 3450 miles.......... Would prefer a higher mileage tyre if possible.
                R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli.

OfflineDasBoot

« Reply #7 on: 2013-05-21 09:43:57 »
                  I'm currently using Bridgestone 023GT's, they seem very nice with good feel but damn this bike is such fun to ride I've been thrashing the rubber off them, I don't think I'm going to get my 20000km I regularly get from Bridgestones.

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #8 on: 2013-05-21 10:38:08 »

Can I ask what tyres you have had on your bike, and which ones you rate. I'm not a hooligan on a bike, and I'm looking for longer life/higher mileage over ultimate grip. Currently on Z8's, but the original was shot in 3450 miles.......... Would prefer a higher mileage tyre if possible.

Sorry Gargy - missed this post from you.

I started with the Z8's - 3500 miles and they were about done - Good Feel and neutral.  Very thin carcass though and when changed with about 2mm the centre was like paper.

PR3's - Great tyre when new, good grip wet and dry, neutral feed back and confidence inspiring.  Changed at 9175 miles at the limit of legality (rear).
                    Front wasn't far off (about 2mm)
                    Really went 'off' in last 500 - 1000 miles feeling squirrelly at the back - still planted at front.
                    PR3's are fully repairable though as they are Kevlar belted - not steel. 
                    Side walls felt very 'floppy' when they were taken off.

Currently using Pirelli Angel GT's.  At 11900 miles now, I would say about half worn (4mm rear/3mm front)
                    Have a slight biased to oversteer (which is good - turns in quicker) but doesn't cause any issues.  I would say neutral with a slight oversteer.
                    Great wet and dry giving good feedback and very confidence inspiring on wet roads (foot-peg down!)
                    I had the ST Angels (3 times) on my 1400GTR.

I have also been recommended the Dunlop Road Smart 2's as a better wet weather tyre (Simon Weir at RiDE) but I am not a fan of Dunlop rubber.

Pirelli's were slightly cheaper than PR3 and RS 2!
                    Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

OfflineGargy

• Global Moderator
                      « Reply #9 on: 2013-05-21 19:37:19 »
                      Cheers for that low down on the Pirelli's.

Getting the GT's for £265 fitted, which is cheaper than the PR3's at £290.

Don't mind oversteer, as you say, it makes the bike turn in quicker, which I like (I know some don't).

My rear Z8 is about half worn, and I'll put it on with the GT's front when the rear GT needs changing........... I know your not supposed to, but there is nothing saying you can't.
                      R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                        « Reply #10 on: 2013-05-21 20:32:17 »
                        Angel GT is still not recommended by Pirelli for the K1600. They still advise the ST.
                        I guess it's the same as with the PR3's: not recommended for a length of time (are now) but are very fine to ride.
                        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineSpeighty37

« Reply #11 on: 2013-05-21 21:04:41 »
                          I'm currently using Bridgestone 023GT's, they seem very nice with good feel but damn this bike is such fun to ride I've been thrashing the rubber off them, I don't think I'm going to get my 20000km I regularly get from Bridgestones.

I was due to be getting a pair of PR3's fitted to mine tomorrow but the dealer couldn't get the rear in the 'B' compound so have gone for Bridgestone 023GT's instead, if I get anywhere near your 12000 miles (20000KM) I'll be both over the moon and amazed in equal amounts !!

Ian 
                          « Last Edit: 2013-05-21 21:06:26 by Speighty37 »
                          Life may not always be the party we'd hoped for but now we're here we might as well dance :-)