Author Topic: Bluetooth compatibility  (Read 877 times)

OfflineBrick

Bluetooth compatibility
    « on: 2013-05-07 02:26:31 »
    I've been using an interphone F5 with my GT SE for a number of months now. I had originally intended to buy the bmw unit, but my local dealer priced it at the same cost as my new System 6.  Myself and my regular Wingman have the same F5 units and used them on our half lap of Oz without dramas.

Following my recent run in with a rock wall, my insurance company is insisting I replace my helmet. As I have discovered i can now get the BMW Bluetooth kit at half the price my local dealer has it, I am now considering a swap. As I can keep the 6 month old F5, does anyone know if I could use the F5 as a pillion unit? Will it happily connect to the BMW helmet BT unit and the spare BT connection on the dash? The F5 currently works well, but I kind of like the idea of having volume control under my thumb.
    « Last Edit: 2013-05-07 02:28:20 by Brick »

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: Bluetooth compatibility
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-05-07 08:56:50 »
      It wont work.  The helmet No 2 connection on the bike, having used No 1 up will only connect to the BMW kit.

OfflineBrick

« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-07 09:16:38 »
        That's what I thought might happen. Be buggered if I'll pay $1400 a helmet/BT kit combo. Might just have to go a second F5

OfflineBrick

« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-09 03:00:11 »
          I've been thinking about this a bit more. If I want to run two F5's on the GT, yet still be able to use the radio or iPod etc. what's the best way of achieving this? I've had Autocom's before. After hanging myself at service stations a few times, I'm not keen on going backward from BT units to wired. I'm looking at expanding to UHF radio before my next big trip next year. Anyone suggest I suitable solution?

anything