Author Topic: alarm question  (Read 830 times)

OfflineGeebee

alarm question
    « on: 2013-05-31 07:46:49 »
    For a while now I have the alarm signal (2 red blinks repeating every so many seconds) coming on after starting the bike. First I thought it was a signal someone touched the bike while I left it unattended and it triggered the motion sensor. However, I eliminated that possibility and am now wondering whether it couldn't be a sign the battery of the alarm is getting low? Any thoughts on this?
    Geebee - K1600GT

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: alarm question
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-05-31 09:09:04 »
      This happens on mine if the alarm is deactivated by just switching on the ignition. If you use the alarm fod to turn it off it should not happen. 

OfflineGeebee

« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-31 17:37:33 »
        So it must be something else as I only use the fob. Still puzzled. But not something to worry about I guess. Still would like to understand it  ???
        Geebee - K1600GT

OfflineBarnsyuk

« Reply #3 on: 2013-06-10 10:01:56 »
          I've had this happen to me, I stop and switch off then use the fob to activate - deactivate the system and then start off again without the blinking red light.

My alarm fob is playing up,i.e. not working all the time. I'm assuming that leaving it on the key ring and getting bounced around / blown about on the top of the forks is not doing it any good..
          1941 Harley UL 1200 Flathead, 1978 Harley 1200 Shovelhead, K1600GTSE