Author Topic: Transmission Recall BMW K1600 series.  (Read 3532 times)

OfflineTree543

Transmission Recall BMW K1600 series.
    « on: 2013-06-12 01:21:00 »

BMW K1600  Transmission Recall

There is about to be a total recall of the older k1600’s that have the older defective gearboxes.   

23007721500 - TRANSMISSION

23007721500 was superseded by 23008531100.

- There is a new part number for the transmission (complete assembly).

Bikes manufactured between 01/10/2010 and 17/10/2012 have the faulty transmissions.

My dealer has been denying that there is a problem with the transmission in my K1600 for over a year.

But once I gave him the new Transmission part number along with the court decision from New Zealand everything changed.
    Within three weeks I had a full replacement transmission in my bike.
    And guess what?   NO TRANSMISSION CLUNKING!!!!!!

Here is the link to the court decision in New Zealand:

https://www.nzlii.org/cgi-bin/sinodisp/nz/cases/NZMVDT/2012/126.html?query=chris%20bmw

A result at last.
    « Last Edit: 2013-06-12 02:32:22 by Tree543 »

OfflineBrick

Re: Transmission Recall BMW K1600 series.
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-06-12 01:30:18 »
      I wonder if this extends beyond the land of the long white sheep?

Where do you find the transmission number in the first place?
      « Last Edit: 2013-06-12 01:43:57 by Brick »

OfflineTree543

OfflineBob S

« Reply #3 on: 2013-06-12 02:25:45 »
          It's known there has been a different gearbox, but what is your source for the information about a recall of older bikes with the older spec gearboxes?
          2012 K1600GT-SE

OfflineGeebee

« Reply #4 on: 2013-06-12 06:25:12 »
            +1 haven't heard anything about a planned recall for the gearboxes. My understanding is that they replace a problematic one with the new one but not a recall.
            So could you clarify what you mean with "there is about to be a recall"?
            Geebee - K1600GT

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
              « Reply #5 on: 2013-06-12 15:28:57 »
              Anyone want to give me odds on my local dealer giving me a blank look about this tomorrow.

OfflineGeebee

« Reply #6 on: 2013-06-12 19:58:40 »
                +1 I had a new rear tire installed today. I even didn't go there  ;)
                « Last Edit: 2013-06-12 23:17:31 by Geebee »
                Geebee - K1600GT

OfflineTrophyian

« Reply #7 on: 2013-06-12 22:48:30 »
                  I went into my Norwich, Uk, BMW dealership today. I mention the gear box backlash from my 2011 12.5 k miles GTL 1600 which I have had 4 weeks. But was told "they all do it" due to the weight of the bike /slipper clutch / ride by wire/  clutch etc. .....  mmmm
                  There were no recalls but they had changed a few left had switch gears under warranty ( mine had already been done by another dealer) it also had the latest software update last service . But i can't get the digital speed !!

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                    « Reply #8 on: 2013-06-12 22:58:23 »
                    I went into my Norwich, Uk, BMW dealership today. I mention the gear box backlash from my 2011 12.5 k miles GTL 1600 which I have had 4 weeks. But was told "they all do it" due to the weight of the bike /slipper clutch / ride by wire/  clutch etc. .....  mmmm
                    There were no recalls but they had changed a few left had switch gears under warranty ( mine had already been done by another dealer) it also had the latest software update last service . But i can't get the digital speed !!
                    Some have a bad back lash, some don't. Luckily for me, mine doesn't. So far no problems whatsoever with my bike (touch wood).
                    As for the digital speedo: that only comes on the '13 model. Apparently it's more than just a software update to get this.
                    Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinealinford

« Reply #9 on: 2013-06-14 02:11:09 »
                      Where is the OP getting the info that there will be a recall from?

OfflineBob S

« Reply #10 on: 2013-06-14 02:19:23 »
                        Where is the OP getting the info that there will be a recall from?

I have a funny feeling that the OP is unlikely to reveal the source of his info. But I could be proved wrong.
                        2012 K1600GT-SE

Offlinesevenup

« Reply #11 on: 2013-06-27 16:11:27 »
                          I've seen this kind of thing from the BMW UK and other sites in the past. It looks like Tree is a chum of the guy that won the court case in New Zealand (if not one and the same) and is Shylocking to the max (taking his pound of flesh). Selective reporting of the facts is no better than BMWs approach to problem solving! The last guy I recall was a German rider that had a problem with the ABS on his 1150RT and plagued multiple sites to highlight the 'universal' problem pissing everyone off big time and losing, on the way, any possible empathy for his cause. Come on Tree sh*t or get off the pot
                          Economics - invented to make astrology look good #indyref #YES2014

OfflineBob S

« Reply #12 on: 2013-07-09 16:06:08 »
                            I've seen this kind of thing from the BMW UK and other sites in the past. It looks like Tree is a chum of the guy that won the court case in New Zealand (if not one and the same) and is Shylocking to the max (taking his pound of flesh). Selective reporting of the facts is no better than BMWs approach to problem solving! The last guy I recall was a German rider that had a problem with the ABS on his 1150RT and plagued multiple sites to highlight the 'universal' problem pissing everyone off big time and losing, on the way, any possible empathy for his cause. Come on Tree sh*t or get off the pot
                            Ah, good old Doctor ABS Brakes or Nemizis. He said bikes with servo ABS would plummet in value. So that is why my 2005 R1200GS with 41000 miles on the clock and servo brakes only sold for 52% of the value I paid for it eight years ago!! :D
                            2012 K1600GT-SE

Offlinesevenup

« Reply #13 on: 2013-07-10 18:38:00 »
                              Nemesis was one of the names he used but ended as being a royal pia. Tree has just taken his crown. Was it Tree that predicted BMW's withdrawal from The NZ/Oceania, intergalactic market? 

HE WON! HE NEEDS TO GET OVER IT! 
                              Economics - invented to make astrology look good #indyref #YES2014

OfflineBob S

« Reply #14 on: 2013-07-10 19:11:21 »
                                Nemesis was one of the names he used but ended as being a royal pia. Tree has just taken his crown. Was it Tree that predicted BMW's withdrawal from The NZ/Oceania, intergalactic market? 

HE WON! HE NEEDS TO GET OVER IT!

Tree/Ccouling etc are very evasive when you ask them direct questions about their claims. CCouling claimed the dealer had committed fraud and that the police were investigating, but then said the dealer had been merely "warned" by the police. if the dealer had committed fraud, as Couling had claimed was the case, I doubt the dealer would have received a warning.
                                2012 K1600GT-SE

anything