Author Topic: 2nd Service  (Read 798 times)

OfflineWinston Smith

2nd Service
    « on: 2013-06-25 16:27:08 »
    A thousand miles over the service schedule at 130867 miles - done by Astles Motorrad, Laceby.

Cost £268.00 including oil/air filter, engine oil, bevel gear oil, and complete brake fluid change.

FOC use of new R1200GS whilst in service was a bonus - wow!  What an engine!

Also upgraded software so hopefully the iPod will work longer than three tracks now!

Torsion arm and screen carrier both have traces of rust on them so they have sent off a warranty claim to BMW UK.

Excellent service by Paul at Astles, which apart from the money was a pleasant transaction - particularly as I just about emptied their Mochacino coffee machine!
    Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: 2nd Service
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-06-25 16:57:07 »
      A good price.  Would have been even better had they not done the brake fluid which I think is done after 1 year then every 2.

OfflineWinston Smith

Re: 2nd Service
        « Reply #2 on: 2013-06-25 20:18:03 »
        Yup - that's right. Every other year.

Even better still, took car in for it's service today, along with MOT.

Car on a service plan, so no charge even with pollen filter replacement, and the service reception billed the MOT (which is not included in the plan) to the company.  When I pointed it out "Our mistake, consider it sorted"  Result!
        Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

anything