Author Topic: Skene IQ-150-TS  (Read 1352 times)

Offlinexwinger

Skene IQ-150-TS
    « on: 2013-06-28 01:33:23 »
    Has anyone installed this visibility improver for front lights? I installed the Photon Blaster with IQ-160 controller in the rear and like it. The problem with the front is knowing which wires go where. Below is a photo of the connector next to the front low beams. I am trying to find out which wires go to the owl lights.

Offlinek2steve

Re: Skene IQ-150-TS
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-07-04 02:44:10 »
      While your in there playing with the head light, Maybe you can see a way to raise the headlight beam up a bit (low beam). And let up know if it can be done and how to do it. Thanks

.........Steve 

OfflineSTeinar

• Global Moderator
      • Blue R1200RT lc (AKE_Intercom)
        • Homepage
      « Reply #2 on: 2013-07-04 08:09:44 »
      This is on the other side.

The two top wires are the L/R high beam + wires, the two purple wires are the halo + wires, and as usual, the brown is ground

ila_rendered
      ** Wired and Bluetooth intercom from shop.ake-electronic.com **

OfflineSTeinar

• Global Moderator
        • Homepage
      « Reply #3 on: 2013-07-04 08:21:23 »
      While your in there playing with the head light, Maybe you can see a way to raise the headlight beam up a bit (low beam). And let up know if it can be done and how to do it. Thanks

Behind this cover on your left side - you will find a black plastic screw - this is for adjusting the low beem!
      Screw out#2 - take the cover away - and look carefully in there - you will find it  ;)

ila_rendered

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
        « Reply #4 on: 2013-07-04 09:17:15 »
        Behind this cover on your left side - you will find a black plastic screw - this is for adjusting the low beem!
        Screw out#2 - take the cover away - and look carefully in there - you will find it  ;)  Is the adjustment screw there for both types of headlight?  I was under the impression that the adaptive headlight could not be manually adjusted.

(Attachment Link)

OfflineSTeinar

• Global Moderator
          • Homepage
        « Reply #5 on: 2013-07-04 09:46:29 »
        Yes it's there on the Ada. verson

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
          « Reply #6 on: 2013-07-04 10:23:55 »
          Yes it's there on the Ada. verson
            Yep.  Found it and moved it.  Thanks. 

Offlinek2steve

« Reply #7 on: 2013-07-04 19:26:27 »
            Found it too. Thanks ..........Steve

Offlinexwinger

« Reply #8 on: 2013-07-06 00:16:47 »
              This is on the other side.

The two top wires are the L/R high beam + wires, the two purple wires are the halo + wires, and as usual, the brown is ground

(Attachment Link)

Thanks Steve. This was a big help.

Offlinexwinger

« Reply #9 on: 2013-07-18 02:16:00 »
                I got the IQ-150-TS installed. Everything works as advertised except the canbus thinks that the turn sig lights are out and shows a alert on the display. I thought that the resistors that Skene provides were to take of that but they do not seem to have. I bought a pair of photon blasters (led lights) and bolted them onto the front above the turn signals instead of trying to fool with the owl lights. The Photon Blasters are major league bright and a good buy. The visibility to oncoming traffic or someone's rear view mirror is excellent with the conspicuity flicker and the added benefit of the turn signals now being running lights. In addition I can get someone's attention with a quick slight double flick of the brake lever.

The installation took some careful planning since wires had to be cut. I made up Hitachi type automotive Y-adaptor plugs to make disconnection and reconnecting the turn signal and Photon Blasters plug and play. Those little buggers are a little tedious to construct. You also have to lenghten a couple of wires. I mounted the IQ unit on the left side to minimize the number of wires that had to be lengtghened. Everything worked right the first time just as Skene said they should.

Service response time by Skene is world class, period.

[amended 7/18] I rode to the MOA rally today and noticed that the issue with the canbus seems to have resolved itself and now everything is perect. Yipee!
                « Last Edit: 2013-07-19 06:07:29 by xwinger »