Author Topic: Flash2Pass Garage Door Opener for Motorcycle  (Read 992 times)

Offlinee7navy1999

Has anyone mounted and wired in a Flash2pass motorcycle garage door opener on their K1600?  Just looking for tips.  I am too old to fumble around for a garage door opener in the lower glove box.   Link:    https://www.amazon.com/Flash2Pass-103102-Complete-Access-Motorcycles/dp/B001AWDMQG/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1374620226&sr=1-1&keywords=flash2pass+motorcycle

maybe a cheaper price site also?  free freight?

OfflineWinston Smith

Re: Flash2Pass Garage Door Opener for Motorcycle
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-07-24 08:48:16 »
      Here you - no shipping or freight costs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWt3GChMGV4
      Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned

Offlinexwinger

« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-24 09:52:09 »
        I installed it on my GTL. It is not a difficult install but you do have to take the right side tupperware off. I mounted it high on a piece of the frame next to the gas tank using velcro. This location makes it easy to tap into the wires going to the high beam using Positaps. There are pictures of the connector with the wires identified on this forum. Find my post about installing a Skene IQ-150-TS and you can see the response that a board member sent showing the wires that you tap into to get to the high beams. The whole wiring part of the job takes 15 minutes if you take your time. No wires must be cut or soldered. Flash2pass works as advertised but you do have to be aware that on the k1600 you do not double tap the high beam because the high beam is driven by the canbus and sends a series of pulses when flashed rather than just connecting power. This means that one quick flash is all that is needed and if you try to double tap it will start and stop the door immediately. This is not a problem though. I consider it a very worthwhile addition that I use whenever I leave or arrive. Also you have to actually start the engine to test it when you install it. You cannot just turn on the key. Feel free to call me at 541-752-4039 it you have question. Just do it after 11:00 a.m. pacific time or in the evening after 7 p.m.
        « Last Edit: 2013-07-24 09:54:59 by xwinger »

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
          « Reply #3 on: 2013-07-24 18:03:14 »
          I have it on my GT for over a year now.  Had to import it from the USA as it's not available in Europe (as far as I know). Bought an extra transmitter for the car. Works like a charm. Connected it to the headlight flasher. The neighbours first thought that the garage door reacted to the light  ;D .
          Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinee7navy1999

« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-25 14:23:50 »
            Hi Winston,  Great post.  I need to get one of those ASAP!  Seems like high maintenance? 

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
              « Reply #5 on: 2013-07-25 18:14:55 »
              Hi Winston,  Great post.  I need to get one of those ASAP!  Seems like high maintenance?
              I bet my F2P is cheaper  ;D .
              Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineWinston Smith

« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-25 21:51:43 »
                I bet you are both right - High Maintenance and Very Expensive!
                Four is fun.  Six is sex.  I Dream of a World where Chickens can Cross the Road without having their Motives Questioned