Author Topic: Summer 2013 Alps tour  (Read 953 times)

OfflineGeebee

Summer 2013 Alps tour
    « on: 2013-07-25 20:47:01 »
    My summer trip this year took me on a 5000km+ journey through Europe. The major objective was joining the Europrez meeting in Comeglians, Italy, but there was much more to it.

This was, in a nutshell, my journey:
    Warsaw - Brno (Czech Republic): a drive and don't think route. Just get there...
    Brno - Bled (Slovenia): rural routes through Austria and ultimately crossing the Loiblpass into Slovenia. Spectacular evening views entering Slovenia...
    Bled - Villach.... Ok, sort of as my right switch gave up near Slap Savica (waterfalls) and I had to be towed to Ljubljana. My friends went on to Villach
    Comment: thumbs up for the BMW dealership A-Cosmos in Ljubljana who had the switch repaired by 10:30 the morning after using a part of a showroom model!
    Villach - Villach: a side-trip to the Grossglockner - rainy but amazing. We had lunch on the Edelweisspitze
    Villach - Comeglians (Friuli/Italy) where we had our annual gathering. Meeting friends, riding beautiful Friulian Alp routes, eating and drinking. The good life...
    And finally for me, I drove back from Comeglians to Lausanne with a friend of mine. 760km and 7 Alp passes, including Passo Tre Croci, Giau, Offen Pass etc etc A day I will not forget lightly. We started at 5:00 am and crossed the Dolomites with the sun coming up behind us, beautifully lightning the mountains. We had breakfast on Passo Pordoi with only a few hikers around. Stunning. By 8:30 though traffic started to build up and the fun was over.
    Beyond Lausanne, where we spend one day, we drove to Belgium via the smaller roads (Jura, Champagne, Ardennes) where I spent some time with friends and family before returning back to Warsaw.
    A great ride, with great people.
    « Last Edit: 2013-07-25 20:54:33 by Geebee »
    Geebee - K1600GT

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      Re: Summer 2013 Alps tour
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-07-25 22:00:38 »
      Looks like a great trip. Almost makes me envy. On the other hand: my holiday starts tomorrow, so I still have my trip to look forward to; albeit not that far.
      Sorry there was no opportunity for short meet on your way back to Poland as I was still working and you needed to get back. Maybe we'll catch up sometimes.
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)