Author Topic: Have you seen alternating flashing lights mounted near the mirrors?  (Read 1356 times)

Offlineskphpns

I saw a video on Youtube that showed a bike with these alternating flashing lights mounted near the mirrors. Looks like a great anti collision accessory to me! Anyone know where to purchase these? Thanks in advance!

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      What kind of flashing lights are you referring to?
      Do you have a link?
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
        Mercifully never seen such a thing.  Probably be illegal in most of Europe anyway. 

Offlineskphpns

Found it! go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLHQG9SroM Fast forward to 1:10 in the video...

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
            I do remember the video now, but have never seen those in real life. As stated by RTman10 they are illegal in The Netherlands and probably in most European countries.
            Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinesevenup

How many posts does this guy have? Out of the blue he posts about flashing lights then finds a video online on his second post!!! WTF! worst marketing award of the millenium (yeah that includes all of the next 986 years and however many days). It isn't European as it would be illegal to use so my guess it might be far eastern.

skphpns please tell us about your bike, your favourite roads, how old you are ..., anything apart from pisspoor marketing.

Economics - invented to make astrology look good #indyref #YES2014

Offlineskphpns

Hey SEVENUP, You're an idiot! I live in the US where flashing lights are legal. They help save lives. To bad whatever country you live in doesn't allow them, they must be as backward as you are! The youtube video displayed the flashing lights on a European bike filmed in what looks to be English countryside as do all the other videos posted of this guys bike. You must not have taken the time to watch any of them, just like to criticize huh? I'm looking to buy a set like those, I don't have anything for sale and am not marketing anything so WTF are you talking about?

Offlinesevenup

pleased to meet you . You will forgive me I'm sure but you come from nowhere with no introduction and lead with a new product. What else can I think but another internet marketing ploy, Still a fairly appalling idea
                  Economics - invented to make astrology look good #indyref #YES2014

OfflineRTman10

Not only a new product but the worse one I have ever seen for the 1600.  And what are those blocks of plastic bolted or glued to the side fairing about.  One drop on those and no more 1600 to ride I suspect.  Video is not taken UK for sure. Looks more like Germany to me but not on a public road.

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
                      Other videos of the same guy are shot in Belgium, so I assume he is Belgian. AFAIK these flashing lights are illegal in Belgium as well. So is speeding but they do that as well occasionally  :o .

@sevenup: I was not under the impression that the OP was marketing anything. Rather the opposite: he was asking where he can get these flashing lights (illegal or not in his, your or my country).

Offlinec5

Not only a new product but the worse one I have ever seen for the 1600.  And what are those blocks of plastic bolted or glued to the side fairing about.  One drop on those and no more 1600 to ride I suspect.  Video is not taken UK for sure. Looks more like Germany to me but not on a public road.

The pads are located above the center of gravity(full fuel tank)
                        Behind the pads is the strongest part of the chassis the gap is filled with two part adhesive epoxy which i poured in a rubber balloon that i placed in between the chassis and the panel when hardened i removed the panel and trimmed the cast for excessive material and glued it on to the chassis, there is a contact patch of 40 square centimeters on each side to dispurse the energy. on the inside of the panel there is a 1 mm alu plate plus 5 mm rubber layer to absorp impact, the pads are fixed with screws from the inside of the panel then i glued a 8 mm steel pin in to the pads which slides in a 8.5mm hole i drilled in the epoxy for easy removal of the panel
                        I think the bmw led lights will look better on the pads(higher and further apart without brackets away from the radiator not like the 2013 models)
                        The other day i parked the bike with the bmw engine protection bars installed in front of a obstacle when leaving the bracket from the led lights hooked on to a 1 feet steel pole broke and ended up in my radiator then the bike dropped on to the fairing
                        Thats the reason i made these pads
                        About the looks I tried to make them functional deflect instead of hooking.The lights on the mirrors , https://bontrager.com/model/11369 illegal  but very effective they have two settings ,they have been on the bike for 50000 km without trouble from the police
                         SKPHPNS ,hope this helps.
                        RTman10
                        I am currently working on something to reduce wind noise and buffeting located on the windshield i am looking forward to your comments.

Here are some vids of the 1600 gt, don't let the sound fool you, the mic was placed above the gearbox.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a2rE98Py2o
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7DYLcnldZw
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooo0mOqkvig

OfflineRTman10

Thank you very much, very informative.  Buffeting, not on mine and I have the GT screen fitted to my GTL E.

Offlineskphpns

Thanks to C5 for all the info! Yours were the lights after all! Personally I think they look great and are functional as well. Now we need to come up with a voltage reduced power supply so we won't have to change batteries. Since you brought up the subject of windshield buffeting on the lousy stock shield I should inform you that a company here in SoCal is manufacturing an awesome shied for our bikes. I have had the opportunity to test a few and the results are amazing. The company is "7 Jurock", they do have a website and will put these in to production soon. Best of all, they are the most reasonably priced AND do the best job. (I have tried several other brands and have been unhappy with all of them). Stay tuned and I'll get back to you with more info... By the way, where do you live, some great looking countryside for motorcycling!