Author Topic: Pillion footrest height  (Read 757 times)

OfflineSteven

• Steven Upton homepage
Pillion footrest height
« on: 2013-08-31 23:54:53 »
My wife has short legs and finds the pillion footrest height too low. This makes it difficult getting on and off. Are there any kits available to remedy this?

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
    Re: Pillion footrest height
    « Reply #1 on: 2013-09-01 11:00:10 »
    There are:
    https://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Accessories.cfm?pn=26-350&pID=76
    I also checked Verholen and Wunderlich, but they only seem to have lowering kits.
    Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

OfflineSteven

• Steven Upton homepage
    « Reply #2 on: 2013-09-01 13:48:42 »
    Thank you for looking. Perhaps it would be easier to change the wife for one with longer legs!

OnlineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
      « Reply #3 on: 2013-09-01 22:05:36 »
      Might be an option although divorces are normally more expensive  ;D (from what I've heard; still happily married).
      Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlineochmaheed

« Reply #4 on: 2013-09-05 00:43:49 »
        Just picked bike up and my pillion may have the too short leg problem as well. Had a look and Verholen  kit is called a lowering kit but it says it can be fitted upside down to raise the peg height. Will be out for a few more rides to check pillion "fit" and then decide if we need to do adjustments
        how much Mr BMW ?

Offlineochmaheed

« Reply #5 on: 2013-09-16 01:14:56 »
          Update from pillion is that she feels OK on bike now and that she probably does not need peg risers, good choice from her as I have option of a free upgrade pillion with longer legs  ;D 
          how much Mr BMW ?