Author Topic: Dealer Messing Around or what?  (Read 767 times)

Offlinejs29uk

Dealer Messing Around or what?
    « on: 2013-11-19 12:15:53 »
    Hi all,
    Thought I would post on here to get your input and advice.
    My local dealer didn't have a GTLE for me to test drive, so I found a dealer who does and have ridden the bike and love it.
    Went to my local dealer to try and place an order, he tells me that I can only get a delivery in jan 2014, when the complimentary comfort pack will not be free. I spoke to a dealer in the south of England who told me that there is one coming in to the uk in dec and he can supply it to me. I also spoke to bmw park lane who also told me that they would be able to deliver in dec 2013.
    Can anyone please shed some light why my local dealer cant get it in dec or does he not want to sell me the bike?
    Jo

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
      Re: Dealer Messing Around or what?
      « Reply #1 on: 2013-11-19 13:09:15 »
      Don't think he's playing a fast one on you.  Dealers have an allocation of models and when there gone there gone.  Park Lane is BMW owned I think so probably have a larger allocation than most.  I am in the same boat having ordered one for 1 March.  There will no doubt be something replacing the free comfort pack. Also 2014 built bikes will have the hill start system built in,  not so with 2014 models supplied in 2013.

OfflineFP-NLD

• Global Moderator
        « Reply #2 on: 2013-11-19 19:17:11 »
        Over here we don't get a complementary comfort pack. I know in the USA they throw in the engine bars and a Nav, but we don't get these kind of extras over here.
        I don't know about the UK rules and laws, but if there were to be such an offer here and I would by a bike now, the dealer would have to throw in the complementary comfort pack. The fact that he can't deliver in  time is his problem that he has to sort out with BMW.
        Frank (NLD),             BMW K1600 GT Red (2011); top case w/brakelight, comfort package, safety package, F2P, black Wunderlich bars, PDM60, Autocom SPA  |  Other bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850 California (1975)

Offlinejs29uk

« Reply #3 on: 2013-11-19 19:54:10 »
          RTman10
          are you sure the hill start will be coming to the k16 as from what i could see it was coming out on the rt

OfflineRTman10

• GTL Exclusive (Exchanged for R1200RT LE)
            « Reply #4 on: 2013-11-19 20:52:35 »
            I'm sure.  My dealer was told at the Milan show a couple of weeks ago.